Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are knuckle dusters legitimate assets for streetfighting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are knuckle dusters legitimate assets for streetfighting?

I've always been intrigued by knuckle dusters and what how they can be of use to the serious street fighter.

I saw this video of a Silat man who used them really interestingly for guntings and whatnot, maybe it's more or less fantasy who knows.

YouTube - Silat Suffian Bela Diri - Knife, Karambit, Knuckle Duster

Anyway, they seem really good for limb destruction, like when you grab a kick you can just punch the leg with them.

Hitting the head seems unreasonably dangerous though.

Any experiences with them?

They're considered a deadly weapon, aren't they? I know they are illegal in several states, including NY. They're legitimate assets for getting yourself in trouble.

They're obviously very effective as both a fist load and a force multiplier, and make the user drastically more dangerous.

Comment

Effective, sure. Legally though you may get yourself into trouble with anything other than a limb destruction. I know laws vary by state, but I'm pretty sure here in Illinios if I beat the shit out of someone with one (or two of those), I'd be going to jail.

Comment

Originally posted by 1point2 View Post
        They're considered a deadly weapon, aren't they? I know they are illegal in several states, including NY. They're legitimate assets for getting yourself in trouble.

They're obviously very effective as both a fist load and a force multiplier, and make the user drastically more dangerous.
        Isn't pretty much any weapon considered deadly? Like a baton for example?

Comment

Originally posted by jeff5 View Post
          Effective, sure. Legally though you may get yourself into trouble with anything other than a limb destruction. I know laws vary by state, but I'm pretty sure here in Illinios if I beat the shit out of someone with one (or two of those), I'd be going to jail.
          Well you'd have to be in life or death to use it for anything other than limb destruction imo, one punch to the head could mean instant death?

Comment

oh noes, teh 'instant' d34dly!

Seriously, what's the question, or is this just trolling?

Comment

Originally posted by Yoj View Post
              oh noes, teh 'instant' d34dly!
              Learn how to write properly first.

Comment

The issue with legality with brass knuckles is that you can't use them for anything BUT beating the shit out of someone. If you get busted with a folder knife, thats a tool and you can make the argument that you weren't holding that with the intention of slicing someone. If you get busted with knucks, you can't make any legitimiate argument for why you're walking around with them aside from simply beating someone up.

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas View Post
                  The issue with legality with brass knuckles is that you can't use them for anything BUT beating the shit out of someone. If you get busted with a folder knife, thats a tool and you can make the argument that you weren't holding that with the intention of slicing someone. If you get busted with knucks, you can't make any legitimiate argument for why you're walking around with them aside from simply beating someone up.
                  You can use them for limb destruction, you know hitting the biceps, triceps, shin, leg muscles and so on?

Comment

The stab to the taint at 0:58 was just horrible...I mean who stabs someone in the taint?

Comment

If you're worried about the legal and ethical ramifications of getting into a 'streetfight' and tearing someone up with brass knuckles, I'd say no, they're not a good idea, because they'll make you like a thug who was cruising for a fight.
                      If you're not worried about said repercussions, then there are more efficient ways to brutalize a person.

Comment

Originally posted by Zapruder View Post
                        The stab to the taint at 0:58 was just horrible...I mean who stabs someone in the taint?
                        all filipino knife arts stab to the perineum

Comment

Originally posted by Emevas View Post
                          ^^^And if you do bust someones head open, they kinda scream premeditation.

Comment

Originally posted by Wing_Chun View Post
                            You can use them for limb destruction, you know hitting the biceps, triceps, shin, leg muscles and so on?
                            I'm not sure if the law would buy that. An officer, or a judge, isn't going to know what a limb destruction is, and you'd have a hard time proving that's all you would use those for. My take anyway, I could be wrong, I'm no lawyer.

Comment

Originally posted by Wing_Chun View Post
                              all filipino knife arts stab to the perineum
                              Indos too. Even that word makes me squirm....

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X