Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

An Australian seeker.

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    An Australian seeker.

    Hi my name is Ian Adrian and I live in Brisbane Australia. I have trained in MA from 1981 with TKD recieving a Second Dan then I trained in Shin Yu Kai Karate-Do obtaining Sandan. SYK was a Shotokan derivative, although Goju kata were latter added. Both schools were independents and are now defunct.

    I have been out of training for the last 5 years due to illness and a knee injury (a sick fat man should not try jump kicks). I am getting well again and am looking for a club, I was thinking of going back to TKD but since reading many posts here I have decided to give Kyokushin a try, I am very nervous but perhaps it will be the most alive choice I may have made concerning MA.

    Peace
    Ian

    #2
    Hi Ian.

    Kyukoshin is a great choice. There are quite a few members on the boards who practice that style who'd be glad to talk shop with you if you do indeed go that route.

    Have fun.

    Comment


      #3
      Good luck, if kyo doesen't work out you can always go back to TKD

      Comment


        #4
        good luck with the search. if you're in melbourne there are heaps of other alternatives if you're after something different.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Ian A View Post
          Hi my name is Ian Adrian and I live in Brisbane Australia. I have trained in MA from 1981 with TKD recieving a Second Dan then I trained in Shin Yu Kai Karate-Do obtaining Sandan. SYK was a Shotokan derivative, although Goju kata were latter added. Both schools were independents and are now defunct.

          I have been out of training for the last 5 years due to illness and a knee injury (a sick fat man should not try jump kicks). I am getting well again and am looking for a club, I was thinking of going back to TKD but since reading many posts here I have decided to give Kyokushin a try, I am very nervous but perhaps it will be the most alive choice I may have made concerning MA.

          Peace
          Ian
          Hi Ian,

          Welcome to Bullshido. Congratulations on the great choice you've made with Kyokushin.
          Good luck with your training and I hope you stick at it, and remain injury free.
          The PT forum here is full of handy injury prevention tips, stretching etc.


          Originally posted by GHemmer View Post
          Good luck, if kyo doesen't work out you can always go back to TKD
          No. Just no.

          Originally posted by mv520125 View Post
          good luck with the search. if you're in melbourne there are heaps of other alternatives if you're after something different.
          He's in Brisbane. Which is Queensland...
          Oh, wait... it's ALL the Queen's Land, right? ;-)
          Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

          Gandhi

          Comment

          Collapse

          Edit this module to specify a template to display.

          Working...
          X