Minimum requirements for teaching MMA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
    You are over complicating the issue. We do not try to enforce minimum levels of qualification generally.
    What we attempt to enforce is CLAIMS vs PROOF.
    If only that were true. I do respect what the goal is here...but with out clear directions (ie a basic statement of beliefs) you get what you actually have...for instance;

i have/can/do prove that I have 14 years training BJJ....according to what you just said that that should be enough....proof that i have been training that long....but it is not. Now everyone wants to say that i should be a BB after that time or be able to kick all kinds of ass or blah blah blah. Now everything I have said or done is dying the death of a thousand qualifications....

so brother....it is not that simple is it. You don't want proof vs claims....proof vs claims are just the mantra everyone chants while hunting for blood for the thrill of the kill....

I am only being an HONEST well-meaning PAYing supporter of the site when I say that the future validity/integrity of this site is highly compromised by a geniune lack of organization it seems. Not to mention missing out on the leadership role it hints at by not shining a light for serious on-lookers like myself that might consider what was put out by such a group as this!
    Last edited by jasonbrinn; 6/10/2009 5:33pm, .

Comment

You claim 14 years of training and have proof of 14 years of training. Do you claim a blackbelt and have documentation/lineage to provide proof of said rank? If so then while we may say that we don't think you're very good compared to other people of your rank, but we won't say you are bullshido (Making false claims).

I am only being an HONEST well-meaning PAYing supporter of the site when I say that the future validity/integrity of this site is highly compromised by a geniune lack of organization it seems. Not to mention missing out on the leadership role it hints at by not shining a light for serious on-lookers like myself that might consider what was put out by such a group as this!
      The site is NOT MONOLITHIC. Investigations are started and carried out by individual posters. When the evidence is presented if it warrants a write up on the .com site then it gets one. If not it stays in the forums in its entirety.

What is your specific objection here? Most of the criteria we recommend is detailed in the thread about choosing a school.
      Beyond that Proof vs Claims is what we do..

Anything else is just a posters opinion, and our qualifications to hold those opinions are generally available upon request. If someone posting here says your jits look like crap, and it's.... Sirc, who has great TKD qualifications, ok Judo qualifications, and fuck all Jits as far as I know, then you may not give a shit. But if Zapruder says your jits look like crap, well he's a BJJ Purple belt. His opinion holds some weight. I'll definitely consider that. See how that works?

If you give me some more details about what incidents on here who object to I will happily help explain things.
      Last edited by Kintanon; 6/10/2009 9:47pm, .

Comment

Intelligence
        Humility
        Base knowledge

Keep in mind that from 1993-say 2000 no one was really an MMA coach. You just had a few guys that were good trainers in BJJ/wrestling and brought in a striking coach. Now that is different. When I started training my guys I knew very little about MMA but a lot about competition. This is the thing about a good trainer. They will bring in people to offset there weak areas and make it the best environment for the guys they are training.

While the fact of the matter is that the best trainers are more often then not the best fighters. It's important to understand that if a club is competing its doesn't mean they are training. Training shows up in the longevity of its fighters. If a club has guys fighting constantly then its a good beat they are training regularly. If they are winning on a regular basis then they are more than likely training correctly.

Its hard to say but in today's MMA environment you would be hard pressed to not have a trainer with some background in a combat sport. If they can translate that background into an MMA environment then their team will be successful.

Comment

Originally posted by jasonbrinn View Post
          PAYing supporter of the site
          Don't care
          You can't pay for an A+ review on bullshido
          that would be stupid...

Comment

Originally posted by cam4276 View Post
            In fact as one of maybe 100 blue belts I am in the top 125 people in the country to teach bjj... lol.
            Actually we have at least 160 now, and probably more that aren't on the list :)

http://ringoftruth.info/phpBB2/viewt...f31ffab042bd90

Comment

Originally posted by Das Moose View Post
              Actually we have at least 160 now, and probably more that aren't on the list :)

http://ringoftruth.info/phpBB2/viewt...f31ffab042bd90
              Yay!!, the more the merrier.

Actually John Macateer has had his purple for about 5 years now and he is training nearly every day. He is going to Miami this august for 6 weeks so i wouldnt be surprised if he came back with a brown. I would also expect a few of the blues who have had them for a while to start going purple soon.

Things are starting to really move now thanks to people like JK and Gracie Barra. Before them everyone in the country either had to go overseas or wait for someone to come here to grade. Hopefully the growth will continue exponentially like it has been.

What is the official BJJ line on gradings. Do you have to be a BB to grade blues and purples? If so, who grades you guys?

Also, I am not a member of that forum but i need to add someone to the list. Are you a member?
              Last edited by cam4276; 6/11/2009 6:20am, .

Comment

Originally posted by crappler View Post
                1. shaved head
                2. tapout shirt
                3. 3 ounce gloves
                4. mean look.

Thank you.
                Don't forget tattoos and binge drinking!

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X