Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

1point2: Do you teach Judo at your Isshin-Ryu school?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    1point2: Do you teach Judo at your Isshin-Ryu school?

    I was just going over some things with someone and you were mentioned. Yes, I talk about people on here. Mostly just making fun of people, unless there's some reason why I respect you.

    But from what I understand Mr. 1point2 is that you've only had 1 year of Judo and are now incorporating it into your Isshin-Ryu dojo? Really?

    If you are, could you please explain to me what you are teaching? Tachiwaza and Newaza? Kata? Just the basic principles?

    What rank do you hold?

    I'm putting this in YMAS right now because well.. Isshin-Ryu it's comical more than harmful at the moment since it's just speculation.

    Your brother in Kali,

    Sirc

    #2
    Please Respond.

    Comment


      #3
      No he just teaches generic mount escapes which he admits suck which makes it all ok because it's better than karate students just doing karate at their karate school.


      "The only important elements in any society
      are the artistic and the criminal,
      because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
      can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

      RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

      THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

      It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
        No he just teaches generic mount escapes which he admits suck which makes it all ok because it's better than karate students just doing karate at their karate school.
        How sure are you about this?

        Admitting something sucks doesn't make it ok.

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by Sirc View Post
          I was just going over some things with someone and you were mentioned. Yes, I talk about people on here. Mostly just making fun of people, unless there's some reason why I respect you.

          But from what I understand Mr. 1point2 is that you've only had 1 year of Judo and are now incorporating it into your Isshin-Ryu dojo? Really?
          A year if training is enough to teach the basics, especially since he has competed often. It would be no different from a competitive blue belt teaching white belts a basic guard pass or side control escape.

          In my judo class, I occasionally take some white belts aside to work on whatever they ask me to, and I have only been taking judo about a year and three months. I also talk grappling with guys at my Muay Thai class, and show them things I would do differently then them. I tell them there are a lot of things I don't know. Does that make me a bad person too? Or does that make me someone with a decent amount of experience (competition and randori) showing a technique, while admitting my limitations?

          I figured since you and hedge were just going to keep the thread going masturbating to how awesome the two of you think you are, I would attempt to bring you back to reality.

          Comment


            #6
            Very sure. check my post history.


            "The only important elements in any society
            are the artistic and the criminal,
            because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
            can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

            RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

            THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

            It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by Beorn View Post
              A year if training is enough to teach the basics, especially since he has competed often. It would be no different from a competitive blue belt teaching white belts a basic guard pass or side control escape.

              In my judo class, I occasionally take some white belts aside to work on whatever they ask me to, and I have only been taking judo about a year and three months. I also talk grappling with guys at my Muay Thai class, and show them things I would do differently then them. I tell them there are a lot of things I don't know. Does that make me a bad person too? Or does that make me someone with a decent amount of experience (competition and randori) showing a technique, while admitting my limitations?

              I figured since you and hedge were just going to keep the thread going masturbating to how awesome the two of you think you are, I would attempt to bring you back to reality.
              You are an idiot.

              Comment


                #8
                Teaching things is overrated anyway

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by Hedgehogey View Post
                  Very sure. check my post history.
                  OK, but admitting that you suck doesn't make it good. I'm better at triangles and all sorts of gimmick submissions than 99% of the people at my judo club, but I'm not going around teaching them how to grapple. I frequently have to tell them that I don't feel qualified or comfortable teaching them anything.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    Isn't there a difference between teaching something and showing someone a move you know?

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by Beorn View Post
                      A year if training is enough to teach the basics, especially since he has competed often. It would be no different from a competitive blue belt teaching white belts a basic guard pass or side control escape.

                      In my judo class, I occasionally take some white belts aside to work on whatever they ask me to, and I have only been taking judo about a year and three months. I also talk grappling with guys at my Muay Thai class, and show them things I would do differently then them. I tell them there are a lot of things I don't know. Does that make me a bad person too? Or does that make me someone with a decent amount of experience (competition and randori) showing a technique, while admitting my limitations?

                      I figured since you and hedge were just going to keep the thread going masturbating to how awesome the two of you think you are, I would attempt to bring you back to reality.
                      Seriously. I want to go into a 4 paragraph (AKA College Paper minimum requirement) dissertation about how much of a retard you are and how you're completely missing the point and how your analogy is so off-base, Sammy Sosa would have an anal fissure, but you wouldn't get that either.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Originally posted by Cybren View Post
                        Isn't there a difference between teaching something and showing someone a move you know?
                        Intention is different.

                        But the results are the same, improper instruction.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Originally posted by Sirc View Post
                          Intention is different.

                          But the results are the same, improper instruction.
                          So at what point in your training would you feel comfortable teaching someone else a triangle?

                          Comment


                            #14
                            I've been doing BJJ for six years and I barely feel comfortable teaching begginers.


                            "The only important elements in any society
                            are the artistic and the criminal,
                            because they alone, by questioning the society's values,
                            can force it to change."-Samuel R. Delany

                            RENDERING GELATINOUS WINDMILL OF DICKS

                            THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST NON-EUCLIDIAN SPLATTERJOUST EVER

                            It seems that the only people who support anarchy are faggots, who want their pathetic immoral lifestyle accepted by the mainstream society. It wont be so they try to create their own.-Oldman34, friend to all children

                            Comment


                              #15
                              Seriously, Sharing=teaching???

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X