Another Noob Question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Noob Question...

Guys, I'm a total noob here...but can a BJJ Black Belt at a seminar give out rank to participants if they feel they are worthy of a new rank and the instructor you are mainly under is not a BJJ Black Belt him/herself and is not authorized to promote you?
    Last edited by newbie999; 6/09/2009 1:23pm, .

Promotions? In your seminar?

It's likelier than you think.

In other words, yes, it happens.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie999 View Post
      Guys, I'm a total noob here...but can a BJJ Black Belt at a seminar give out rank to participants if they feel they are worthy of a new rank and the instructor you are mainly under is not a BJJ Black Belt him/herself and is not authorized to promote you?
      During the late nineties this used to happen all the time. It's not so frequent now since legitimate BJJ instructors are no longer as rare as hen's teeth, but it does still happen.

I fail to see why you couldn't have asked this question in YMAS or your second Newbietown thread. Generally more than one Newbietown thread is frowned upon.
      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

I thought YMAS was for comedy type of stuff and blasting other MA's. There is a beginner trend I think but when I posted stuff there it gets moved to YMAS or Newbietown. The forum states if your unsure post in Newbietown hence I posted the question in Newbietown.

I didn't want to continue the other trend I made because the original question was answered for me so I rather let it age and go away on its own.

I've had a few topics moved so I figure play it safe and stick to newbietown.

Comment

Originally posted by newbie999 View Post
          I thought YMAS was for comedy type of stuff and blasting other MA's.
          Copied from the forum header:
          Your Martial Art Sucks: General Martial Arts and Comedy Forum
          The Martial Arts General Discussion and Comedy forum
          Bold text my own. Everybody misses the "general" part. I don't know why that is.
          Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Okay, so if I have any more stupid noob questions I will post them to YMAS. I will be leaving newbietown then :(.

Thanks for pointing out my ignorance >_<.

umm...can someone move the topic for me so I don't double post?
            Last edited by newbie999; 6/09/2009 2:56pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X