Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

n00b Intro!

Greetings!

Green belt in Cuong Nhu. Also hold (well not holding it...it's in my closet) Blue belt with black stripe in Shaolin Kenpo.

I've been an on/off lurker at bullshido for a few years and am just now signing up.

I love the hard style karate stuff. But as I'm starting to get older, I'm *really* learning to appreciate the "soft style" elements.

One forum related question:
    How do I setup an avatar? I've been to a few vb boards before and I'm not seeing the avatar setup where it normally would be.
    Help!
    I'm thinking maybe there's a post minimum for avatars.

Thanks and great to be here!
    : D

Welcome. The legit karate is awesome I'm surprised it's not used more often. And, since they are not as common the different style and technique can really throw others off. You're from NC, which part might I ask? I'm moving between Chapel Hill and Raleigh in august for work and would love to find some authentic hard karate down there. Or, any quality competition gyms really would be awesome.

Srry no help on the avatar, I had the same question too.

Comment

noobs helping noobs, how cute :drunken_s

The avatar option becomes available after you either make 1000 posts or become a supporting member. I opted for the supporting member.

Welcome to Bullshido
      "The pedant is he who finds it impossible to read criticism of himself without immediately reaching for his pen and replying to the effect that the accusation is a gross insult to his person. He is, in effect, a man unable to laugh at himself."Sigmund Freud, The Ego and the Id.

Comment

Originally posted by aforaker View Post
        Welcome. The legit karate is awesome I'm surprised it's not used more often. And, since they are not as common the different style and technique can really throw others off. You're from NC, which part might I ask? I'm moving between Chapel Hill and Raleigh in august for work and would love to find some authentic hard karate down there. Or, any quality competition gyms really would be awesome.

Srry no help on the avatar, I had the same question too.
        That's where I am! Same area. Link to my dojo is in my Contacts tab. Our hard style is very authentic...Shotokan based. No McBullshido! lol
        Send me a private message if you want more info.
        *waves*

We recently had a visitor come from Boone that I met at Martial Arts Planet. He loved it.

Originally posted by danniboi07 View Post
        noobs helping noobs, how cute :drunken_s

The avatar option becomes available after you either make 1000 posts or become a supporting member. I opted for the supporting member.

Welcome to Bullshido
        Thanks!! I'm cheap so I guess I better keep posting...
        : P

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X