Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A MA that covers grappling with animals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom .C View Post
    If you beat a baby bear with a large club, the mama bear will panic and run away or not.
    Wat!?

Comment

Another important thing with bear survival is identifying the type of bear that is in your area. Black bears are not necessarily black all the time, but they are a smaller bear compared to the Grizzly bear. The Grizzly bear also has a distinctive shoulder hump in which you can use for quick identification. The tracks between the two species are different as well...

So then your tactics are thus, if it is a black bear make yourself look as large as possible while making a lot of noise and DO NOT play dead or else you'll find yourself being dragged off into the underbrush.

Grizzly's are somewhat similar, make yourself seem bigger than you are and make a lot of noise. However if they do attack DO play dead, curl up into a ball and protect your head and neck.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
        while a person could probably RNC a black bear, I doubt even a large human could get their arms in a RNC around a grizzly's neck. Their necks are simply too big.
        For sure - and if you get around back of either one during an attack, you're better off trying to get away than grapple it.

Now, to continue with the overall retardedness of this thread, here are two bear vs. man grappling vids:

YouTube - Bear Power

YouTube - Real Live Bear Wrestling

Comment

If you smear yourself with ketchup and mustard, fill your pockets with tomatoes and lettuce, bears will like you more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom .C View Post
            If you smear yourself with ketchup and mustard, fill your pockets with tomatoes and lettuce, bears will like you more.
            When camping, also be sure to store all food (especially meat and fish) safely inside your tent. Maybe inside your sleeping bag, just to be safe. You wouldn't want those bears to get it!

Comment

I know how to fight agiasnt my Dachshund dog very well lol. I can just grab him and put him on his back if he ever gets violent with my other dog. Other than that fighting animals can be dangerous especially if its a bear, elephant, shark, tiger.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X