Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A MA that covers grappling with animals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Rask View Post
      A dog attacked me once in Rye, so I kicked at it (missing) and yelled 'FUCK OFF' in a really aggressive tone. It ran away. That was when I trained in the Chun, too.

oh fuck.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
      3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
      I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
      That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
      Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
      I agree with moosey

Comment

Damn right. Worship my badassery.

Comment

Goddamnit, I think this thread's great.

On a serious note, I kinda think some simple Dog Judo would be a good thing to know/be taught to children. When the dog weighs more than you, you're just about fucked, too bad. But something simple and easy to remember in the vein of stop, drop and roll for kids to do or adults to do to wrench a dog off/away from someone.

I love wrestling with dogs. They generally wise up to the Doggie Double-leg pretty quick (on the flank, wrapping hands around the the thigh and upper forearm on the far side of the dog, drive carefully, best on carpet or soft soil), and it's pretty much and instinct for them to stomp their way out of guard (doesn't dog kung fu have ground and pound?), often in reverse. Painful.

But back to semi-serious, two notes about dog grapping: collar control if they have one, and don't let them turtle. A dog that's "turtling" is also getting its feet underneath it, and they can do a push-up with more relative strength than you can squat. If you're not smashing them (which you shouldn't be, it's a doggie for goodness sake) they're bucking and it's a fight again.

Originally posted by DdlR View Post
          I think that's goddamn amazing. Greco-Ursine wrestling until someone's jaw gets a good enough hold of enough fur and skin, and then it's like gi grappling. Except teeth instead of hands, and skin instead of gi, and pain. Lots and lots of pain.

I'll be damned if the smaller (!it's Royce Grizzly!) bear that wound up on the bottom wasn't playing guard, although I'm not sure if the event at 0:41 was a throw by the top bear or a painful twist on pulling guard by Royce-y bear.

I like their style, very vale tudo. No rounds, no judges, fuck, no corners or refs.

YouTube - Raccoon dog play fight

Bandit does a good job of establishing inverted guard on Scout before getting the extending the neck and getting the ear to the floor for Davy Crockett control, but he tempts fate by transitioning to teeth-on-lip mount and gets swept in the blink of an eye. Remember what I said about dogs turtling? Case in point. And it just so happens that Scout has more judo in her neck than Bandit has in his whole body. Ippon!
          Last edited by Hesperus; 6/06/2009 12:27am, .

Comment

For sharks the trick is to punch through their centerline...

and if they get you in their guard then gouge the eyes (or gills)

it's t3h d34dly!

And for dogs I've heard people suggest baiting the dog with an arm (since most 'attack dogs' will be trained to go for the arm) and kicking to the body/legs

Comment

so like, one time this dog attacked me right?
              i gave it a pink belly.

Comment

my dog must have trained BJJ...

...since he's always butt scooting across the carpet. (badoom tish)

For small dogs I've found the 'choke it on your finger' technique works just fine.

Comment

I heard from a friend (yes I know how stupid that sounds) about this wrestler that was robbing houses. He would wait for the guard dog to jump, catch the dog and break it's back. I was never able to find any article on it though.
                  "We often joke -- and we really wish it were a joke -- that you will only encounter two basic problems with your 'self-defense' training.
                  1) That it doesn't work
                  2) That it does work"
                  -Animal MacYoung

Comment

Just do what Zangief does. He's a bear fighter.

Spinning clotheline is the anti-bear.

Zangief agreed and began training in the extreme climates of Siberia. He built his strength by wrestling polar bears, gaining many fearsome scars in the process. His trademark Spinning Piledriver was created after being picked up by a cyclone while performing a piledriver on a bear.
                    SOurce: http://www.giantbomb.com/zangief/94-6/

So there you go.

Last edited by atom; 6/06/2009 8:52am, .

Comment

That's all well and good for bears and dogs but what happens if you're faced with a MA monkey...

http://www.youtube.com/v/_kRb06w_XPo&hl=en&fs=1& ...Big monkey...

http://www.youtube.com/v/9pPIHvPhvkA&hl ...Little monkey...

:|
                      Last edited by Seedle Avenger; 6/08/2009 11:04pm, .

Comment

I heard the best way to defend against a dog attacking you (granted this would only be medium sized dogs like pit bulls or a pissed off lab, probably wouldn't work with a Great Dane or anything) was to jam your fist down its throat and pray to god it wasn't rabid or anything. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me remember what it was supposed to do, but I imagine it would be activating some choking reflex, or somehow stop the damn thing biting off your hand. Or, it might just be the idea of "risk the hand, while you beat the thing over the head with your free hand.

Still sounds risky. I agree with the above, generally getting attacked by a large animal would require some form of weapon.

Dear god, evolution really hated the human race when it came to physique, didn't it?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueKarateKid View Post

Still sounds risky. I agree with the above, generally getting attacked by a large animal would require some form of weapon.

Dear god, evolution really hated the human race when it came to physique, didn't it?
                          We appear to have overcome our supposed handicaps quite well don't you think?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueKarateKid View Post
                            I heard the best way to defend against a dog attacking you (granted this would only be medium sized dogs like pit bulls or a pissed off lab, probably wouldn't work with a Great Dane or anything) was to jam your fist down its throat and pray to god it wasn't rabid or anything. Unfortunately I cannot for the life of me remember what it was supposed to do, but I imagine it would be activating some choking reflex, or somehow stop the damn thing biting off your hand. Or, it might just be the idea of "risk the hand, while you beat the thing over the head with your free hand.
                            The version I heard was that, assuming the dog is already biting your hand/arm, it's best to shove the hand-arm down its throat rather than try to pull back (against the dog's recurved teeth).
                            Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

If you're fighting a bear bare-handed, you're pretty much fucked. Simple as that. Those things can behead you in a single lazy swipe.

Against dogs, go watch The Dog Whisperer or something.

Comment

If the dog was on top of you, your arm in it's mouth, kicking it's balls as hard as you can, MUST do something... I mean.. Isn't that law universal?
                                Foot to balls = Pain.

Unless there aren't balls... Then.. I guess you'd have to twist it's nipples.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X