Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A MA that covers grappling with animals?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
    You went there too, huh?
    Avatars: I prefer Major Glory to Total Victory?
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

If humans could fight anywhere near as good as loads of mammals can, we wouldnt be needing weapons now would we?

ive already covered this subject on my thoughtsabout mmanimalistics.

Comment

YouTube - tiger vs lion

Comment

Originally posted by Lebell View Post
          If humans could fight anywhere near as good as loads of mammals can, we wouldnt be needing weapons now would we?
          If animals had the intellectual capacity equivalent to humans, they would have weapons of their own.

Comment

I punched a dog that was going to attack me once...my knuckles were pretty torn up afterwards......damn mutant chawawa's!!

Comment

Does anyone remember the story of how Ralf Gracie got his Pittbull nickname? Tell it and I'll tell you what I heard.

Comment

So when the idiot OP mentioned horses, it reminded me of a couple of times mine have acted up and I have had to react. Most people don't realize this, but horses are fucking stupid. If they get hurt by something and can't figure out what, they will stop whatever they doing and stare blankly to try and figure it out. Honestly, Both I and my mom (who is all of 5'4 but my friends are still scared of her) have stopped many a rearing horse by a simply hard punch to the chest or flank.

Now a charging horse is a little different, but fortunately mine are conditioned to the point where if they see me standing somewhere and I don't move, they think they will lose even if they wouldn't. Case in point; my dumbass arab got lose and decided it would be funny to charge at my neighbor who I was going down to help with something or other. she can't get out of the way in time, so I stepped in between them and raised the shovel I was carrying. That horse stopped in its tracks, it was actually kinda funny.

As for fighting dogs, wear thick pants and grab them by the scruff of their neck to control them. My dogs got into it with my neighbor's 2 doors down rottweilers, who had once again gotten lose. Just grab by the scruff and throw, jeans will stop most dog bites.

Really, dogs feed on fear. The second you aren't afraid of them you probably aren't going to be seriously hurt in an attack. Actually if you just stand there and stare at them most dogs will actually back down. At worst, keep standing and throw them down by the back of the neck, then kick them. You will have cut up arms, but that dog will never try to attack you again.

sorry about the serious post on a retarded thread, but my cornfed upbringing afforded me many opportunities to pacify animals people would call "dangerous".

Comment

Enroll in my dog-jitsu school!
                  ULTIMATE Dog Defense!! (T3h [email protected]) - No BS Martial Arts

Comment

Ducati Dellagrotte would so school you.

Comment

From "The Strongest Karate" documentary:

YouTube - kyokushin willie w bear

The immortal Troy Hurtubise tests his anti-bear armor:

YouTube - Troy Hurtubise: Project Grizzly

Polish bear, managed (for some reason) by a man wearing a gi:

YouTube - Crazy bear attack women!!

Grizzly-jitsu:

YouTube - Grizzly Fight!
                      Check out the Bullshido.net Western Martial Arts Forum for all things Western, martial and arty.

Bartitsu: the Gentlemanly Art of Self Defence (est. 1899)

Comment

Originally posted by DdlR View Post
                        They don't make bears like they used to!

YouTube - Thief : The Dark Project - I'm Going Down The Bear Pits

Comment

How do finbar?

YouTube - Shark vs Octopus

Comment

Honestly, if you want to learn how to fight animals, there is only one martial art that does the job: Camel Wrestling (because everyone knows grappling beats striking).

Seriously, there are actual techniques with names that the camels are trained to do. A lot of them involve tripping the opposing camel with your neck, so start building up your neck muscles if you want to be competitive.
                            Last edited by maofas; 6/05/2009 2:56pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce View Post
                              You went there too, huh?

yup.

So, today i was at my grad party. I was playing with a puppy, and this bad boy jumped at me. I pulled guard, swept and rubbed its belly

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                              3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                              I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                              That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                              Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                              I agree with moosey

Comment

A dog attacked me once in Rye, so I kicked at it (missing) and yelled 'FUCK OFF' in a really aggressive tone. It ran away. That was when I trained in the Chun, too.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X