X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The dumbest armbar escape?

Well

once again youtube has done it

in the comments for one of our youtube videos - the "wing chun sucks" highlight - a pea-brained SCARS booster has revealed the ultimate armbar counter:

The US Navy SEALs know how easy it is to escape an arm bar, as it is taught to us in combat training. Raise your shoulder, twist your arm, drive your elbow into his crotch, lean in with all your weight, then get your other arm under one of his legs and roll him off you, lining you up perfectly with his own extended arm, primed to be broken.

Problem is, crotch attacks, along with other real combat moves are illegal in the UFC, as stated in the rules. MMA fails in real world situations.
    In the ensuing convo, the guy reveals himself to be a one-man edition of "how do armbar"

And, if you look down the page, you'll see some even dumber shit about how Bruce Lee would kill Fedor.

Ladies and gentleman, YOUTUBE.

http://www.youtube.com/comment_servl...&v=jB3sfXnZyyA

Foom, Foom, Foom, Foom, foomfoomfoom...Foom?

Comment

I didn't realize that there were still SCARS people out there.

Comment

Jerry Peterson has his "DAC" where you can learn video lessons in ALL KINDS of stuff.

Comment

YouTube comments make my feet sad. Anyways, I would love for the dude to post a vid of himself performing said arm bar escape, right now my imagination fails me after the crotch attack.

Comment

Originally posted by Kilbourn View Post
            YouTube comments make my feet sad. Anyways, I would love for the dude to post a vid of himself performing said arm bar escape, right now my imagination fails me after the crotch attack.
            I'm imagining something really, really goofy looking that is exactly what he means.

Comment

I thought the dumbest armbar escape was letting the guy break it. Haha, sucker, armbar me now, bitch!

Comment

Originally posted by CodosDePiedra View Post
                I'm imagining something really, really goofy looking that is exactly what he means.
                Sad thing?

You could be talking about the technique or the actual people and still be right.

Comment

I just want to know how often soldiers actually have to resort to hand to hand combat in the line of duty.

They have to run out of ammo for their primary assault rifle, pistol, knife(?), other team members, plus shit that might be lying around. Even then they would actually have to come across another enemy in the same situation as themselves, and engage in a 1 on 1 battle to the death.

It all just seems a bit unrealistic.

Comment

On a battlefield, yes. In an occupation or police action where taking a bunch of insurgents alive might be considered a good idea? Not so much. American soldiers in Iraq have to scrap to arrest insurgent suspects at times.

Comment

Originally posted by Shawarma View Post
                      On a battlefield, yes. In an occupation or police action where taking a bunch of insurgents alive might be considered a good idea? Not so much. American soldiers in Iraq have to scrap to arrest insurgent suspects at times.
                      So it's unrealistic on a battlefield, but useful in an occupation. I'd heard how troops are doing police work in Iraq, but they're never alone though are they?
                      I'm sure they have backup when trying to restrain an insurgent, unless one guy does all the restraining while the others look for snipers or something.

Comment

Originally posted by hornyhobo View Post
                        I just want to know how often soldiers actually have to resort to hand to hand combat in the line of duty.

They have to run out of ammo for their primary assault rifle, pistol, knife(?), other team members, plus shit that might be lying around. Even then they would actually have to come across another enemy in the same situation as themselves, and engage in a 1 on 1 battle to the death.

It all just seems a bit unrealistic.
                        Probably not that often. I have quite a few buddies who've seen combat in Afghanistan (infantry) and none of them so much as came face to face with a live enemy. (though the restraining/police type stuff is a concern)

The only out and out combat instance that I know of is from the book House to House about the author's experiences in Fallujah. Strangely enough that fight went:
                        clinch->ground-> soldier gets mount ->insurgent tries to d3adly his way out ->gets bludgeoned and stabbed to death.

Comment

Originally posted by thatrugbyguy View Post
                          Probably not that often. I have quite a few buddies who've seen combat in Afghanistan (infantry) and none of them so much as came face to face with a live enemy. (though the restraining/police type stuff is a concern)

The only out and out combat instance that I know of is from the book House to House about the author's experiences in Fallujah. Strangely enough that fight went:
                          clinch->ground-> soldier gets mount ->insurgent tries to d3adly his way out ->gets bludgeoned and stabbed to death.
                          I hadn't thought of clearing buildings, though I imagine your buddies would come to your aid. It was the author's fellow soldiers who killed the insurgent right?

I'm starting to think hand to hand can be useful, but due to the limited amount of training soldiers get it's more of a confidence booster than anything.

Comment

my roommate, who has never done a millisecond of MA in his life came up with this armbar escape:

"bite the back of their calf"

I Lold

Comment

That's the fault of bad television. You see that all the time in movies, tv.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X