Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

StrongerMMA

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    StrongerMMA

    Anyone heard of or been to this club in Wimbledon?
    http://www.strongermma.com/

    #2
    Never even heard of it before.

    New gyms sems to be springing up all over the place. Did notice the instructor was a Hapkido black belt- im not sure thats a good thing.

    Comment


      #3
      The photo with Wanderlei Silva looks impressive and the website mentions that the instructor is currently leanring BJJ under Roger Gracie but he may be a white belt.

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by bigstu31s View Post
        The photo with Wanderlei Silva looks impressive and the website mentions that the instructor is currently leanring BJJ under Roger Gracie but he may be a white belt.
        If you want BJJ in Wimbledon, go see Ray Stevens. Not only did he get his black belt from Roger a while ago, he also has an Olympic silver medal in judo. I would be training there myself, but it has a three month minimum contract: I'm not going to be in the area that long:

        RGA Wimbledon
        Oberon Sports Ground,
        19 Lindisfarne Road,
        Raynes Park,
        London, SW20 0NW I'd guess that MMA instructor is probably training with Ray.

        Comment


          #5
          I agree with Slidey on this Ray Stephens would be your best bet for Grappling instruction in the Wimbledon area.

          I would be reluctant to try an MMA class run by someone with no Pro MMA experience but that's just my opinion. I guess it cant hurt to try a class out.

          Also the Wanderlei picture does'nt really say much considering he just did a series of MMA seminars in various gyms across London.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by Kambei Shimada View Post
            Also the Wanderlei picture does'nt really say much considering he just did a series of MMA seminars in various gyms across London.
            I've got a picture of me standing next to Wanderlei Silva and I would get KTFO by the average Thai 11-year-old.

            You can turn up to a seminar and get your picture taken with any tremendous killing machine, it means basically fuck all unless you hold rank or some kind of certification under them. In fact, having a shit-load of such pics is often the mark of a guy who only attends occasional 'big name' seminars instead of actually training.

            Comment


              #7
              There's also Nova Forca, which I've mentioned to you before.

              Team Nova Forca Epsom
              Christchurch Scout Hall
              Christchurch Road
              Epsom
              KT19 8NE
              [email protected]

              That will provide you with excellent BJJ, and muay thai is also available. Clearly works for MMA, as there are a bunch of pro fighters who train there: e.g., Tim Radcliffe, Simon Gill and Jared Ferre. Tim, a brown belt, is especially helpful: had lots of useful BJJ tips from him in the last couple of weeks.

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by slideyfoot View Post
                There's also Nova Forca, which I've mentioned to you before.

                Team Nova Forca Epsom
                Christchurch Scout Hall
                Christchurch Road
                Epsom
                KT19 8NE
                [email protected]

                That will provide you with excellent BJJ, and muay thai is also available. Clearly works for MMA, as there are a bunch of pro fighters who train there: e.g., Tim Radcliffe, Simon Gill and Jared Ferre. Tim, a brown belt, is especially helpful: had lots of useful BJJ tips from him in the last couple of weeks.
                I ask as a friend is training there and I want to make sure its not bullshido.
                Slidey, I see you live in Cobham, I work there. Do you teach BJJ?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by bigstu31s View Post
                  Slidey, I see you live in Cobham, I work there. Do you teach BJJ?
                  Ha - I'm only a blue belt, and a pretty crappy one at that, so not qualified to teach yet. I'd love to in the future, but that's a good way off.

                  Comment

                  Collapse

                  Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                  Working...
                  X