Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone know of a good place to train in Tuscaloosa, AL?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know of a good place to train in Tuscaloosa, AL?

Hello all. I've been out of the MA for many years (had the TKD blue belt that everyone under 30 got when they were a kid) and am looking to start again. A couple of years ago, I tried to start taking judo, which was when I registered here. I enjoyed it, but it was the middle of law school and I just didn't have the time. Now I'm allegedly a professional, and have some free time to pursue stuff that I actually want to do.

I'm not too particular on styles, but I would prefer something with more rigorous sparring than the foot-fencing I remember from my TKD days. As per the title of this post, I'm located in Tuscaloosa, AL. I've tried looking around a bit here, but the pickings seem rather slim. There's an ITA school that also has a BJJ class run by a couple of blue belts, a kenpo place, and a good boxing gym across the river in Northport. If anyone here knows of other possibilities (University clubs, etc.) in the area, I'd be grateful.

Sadly, I cannot help you. I will be moving there very soon to attend UA, and so far my internet searching has failed. If you find something, send me a message, and I will do the same for you.

Comment

I'm not sure about Tuscaloosa, but if you don't mind driving about an hour over to Hoover I think Spartan Fitness is worth checking out.
      HTFU and join Bullshido on Fitocracy!
      https://www.fitocracy.com/group/2988/

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X