Originally posted by KidSpatula View Post
    Who me? I don't watch MMA :P
    Lol! :qcheerlea
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Whenever someone starts talking about a style that isn't muaythai or BJJ just say "hey dumb ass, change schools". Then when everyone is doing the two best styles in the whole world, we'll never have to have these pesky style issues again :)
      Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Whenever someone starts talking about a style that isn't SanDa or SAMBO just say "hey dumb ass, change schools". Then when everyone is doing the two best styles in the whole world, we'll never have to have these pesky style issues again :)
        fixed :P

Comment

War Wheel to me this is a like a crusade against "ain't" except instead of saying: "People need to start saying 'is not' or 'isn't'." you've decided that people should agree upon some other substitute word.

Why give up on people? Them bastards jus' gotta learn ta talk right!

Comment

Whenever someone starts talking about a style that isn't muaythai or BJJ just say "hey dumb ass, change schools". Then when everyone is doing the two best styles in the whole world, we'll never have to have these pesky style issues again :)
            Nothing like no parking places, too full gyms, too full classes, to add to the essence of your training.

Comment

Actually this has been a great exercise (at least for me). I am now deftly avoiding the misunderstanding by never refering to a CS as a style. I just caught myself asking Coach Josh if his gym "trains Judo with strikes in play" and caught myself. I ended up asking if they mix Judo Tachi Waza and striking, thus avoiding the predictable nonsense about Judo, rule sets, etc. That sort of derail serves only to annoy the shit out of me and get me into agruments, because from where I sit I figure it was absolutely clear the kind of sparring I was asking about, and people are just being dicks when they don't answer such questions.

Disclaimer: No-one actually did that this time. :D

Comment

Originally posted by Tom .C View Post
                Nothing like no parking places, too full gyms, too full classes, to add to the essence of your training.
                You must train at Sityodtong. Watch your hea... never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
                  people are just being dicks when they don't answer such questions.
                  This is the truth. 99.99% of the time people know exactly what you meant, but are being pedantic shits.
                  Even when they are confused it shoul only take a post or two tp clarify, not a giant derail.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
                    This is the truth. 99.99% of the time people know exactly what you meant, but are being pedantic shits.
                    Even when they are confused it shoul only take a post or two tp clarify, not a giant derail.
                    Thanks! I'm glad its not just me that sees it that way.

To me its just a way of avoiding the question. With G-d as my witness, I'll never call a CS a "style" again!

Just so's they can't do dat to me.

Comment

I missed where you decided what "CS" meant.

Comment

"Combat Sport(s)". Isn't that standard here? That's where I picked it up.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X