CKD are you kidding me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CKD are you kidding me?

Ok, I have only posted once on here so far (it was a question on prior training). I decided to take a CKD class near my house, I work long hours most the time so I thought it would be fun and conveinent...

Before I say this, this class was just a basic workout.. maybe learn a few new things... I do plan on competeting soon but anyway let me get to the point..

I get there, I am immediatley greeted by a current student.. I am a stocky guy and have no problem with gig dudes but... this was a black belt.. 5'11 360+ pounds i am guessing.... how is that possible? a f'in black belt? more like just gimme a colored belt that will fit around my amoeba shaped torso.

They gave me a free uniform told me to toss it on.. they said ok you can go spar a bit with these guys.. So Iget into my stance and I could not help but to giggle. It looked like these guys were filming a bad power rangers movie... The strikes and punches (MIND YOU weren't sparring, but air striking) looked like my 6 year old cousin in karate.

So i asked both of them how long they had been in the class. One guy said 4 years the other 9... So it was my turn, we started to spar again and he tossed a kick at me, I grabbed his leg, swept the opposite and struck him when he fell. Not hard , maybe 25%!

The instructor told me that they did not do that.. I was like ok... So i sat in for the rest of the class. The instructors might as well put a ronald mcdonald outfit on with a black belt. I mean mind, body, and science?

WTF science? joint pain? ok.. the only science i know is that if I punch you hard enough or bend your joint the opposite way with the proper amount of force it will break...

This was about a month ago. I promptly enrolled myself in a BJJ class under the Machado school. CKD is Bullshido x10 GD mcdojo, power ranger, crane kick crap....
    Last edited by usmctko; 5/22/2009 9:54pm, .

ckd? as in... choi kwang do? because that's old news.

Anyway, this is not a serious investigation, this is style bashing. Sure, the style might suck dick to hell and back, but if there's no blatant fraud it's not bullshido in the strict sense, although it's definitely bullshido in the sense that it's bullshit.

Comment

Originally posted by usmctko View Post
      That's all for now, i had to vent :)
      This forum, MABS for short, is for serious investigations into bullshido. It is not here for venting. Your Martial Art Sucks is the joke/venting forum.
      Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Originally posted by jnp View Post
        This forum, MABS for short, is for serious investigations into bullshido. It is not here for venting. Your Martial Art Sucks is the joke/venting forum.
        is there anyway that a mod can move my thread? I apologize in advance for the mis-post

Comment

wait!! let me just get rid of the vent part lol.. i was jusy kind of making fun!

Comment

Moved before your edit plus, we already have a huge thread ripping them apart.

Comment

hilarious story. Makes me want to storm a dojo myself...

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
              X