Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Traditional Introduction of the Boot.

Hey there,

I am obviously to the Bullshido Forums so I was kindly ushered here to introduce myself. My name is Boone Rountree. I have visited Bullshido off and on for years and finally decided to join the forum.

I just finished a 5 year enlistment in the United States Marine Corps and now am an Individual Ready Reservist. I am also a full time student in the B.S in Biology program at Northern Arizona University Yuma campus and am taking my National Registry Exam for my EMT-Basic certification in a week.

I have been training in the Martial Arts since I was 8 years old. My first school was Chung's Tae Kwan Do in Prattville, Alabama. I had to quit when my grandmother was diagnosed with lung cancer and we no longer could afford my training. From then on I trained in any style anyone would teach me.

When I was in High School, I attended the Wah Lum Kung Fu Temple in Orlando, Florida. This laid the ground work for my eventual enlistment in the Marine Corps. It is also the school I claim as well as Marine Corps Martial Arts (MCMAP) when asked what style I practice.

My plan is to attend medical school for a Doctor of Osteopathy degree and then accept a commission in the Navy so I can take care of my fellow Marines.

I guess that about sums it up.

This may be the best intro post I've ever read. Welcome to Bullshido.

Are you looking to train in something new?

Comment

Welcome to the site. There's a decent number of Military/ex-Mil members on board. A lot of them have the Military tag identifier. You can PM a staff member about getting one, if you wanted one.

My plan is to attend medical school for a Doctor of Osteopathy degree and then accept a commission in the Navy so I can take care of my fellow Marines.
      Exemplary. Hope that works out for you.
      Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Semper Fi and welcome to Bullshido.
        Shut the hell up and train.

Comment

Something New

Originally posted by rangerdavy View Post
          This may be the best intro post I've ever read. Welcome to Bullshido.

Are you looking to train in something new?
          Always RangerDavy. I am always looking for new styles to learn about and train in. The biggest problem I face though is the lack of quality places to train in the area. The main school here is a Dillman Karate school that puts alot of emphasis on pressure points and I'm not very impressed by them.

Korea. So I would like to challenge myself with BUD/S while earning a paycheck to support my family.

Thank you Sochin101. I will keep that in mind.

Semper Fi Jnp.

Comment

Welcome, glad to have you here.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
            X