No announcement yet.

How many hours a week do you train?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably somewhere in the 12-13 range a week. It varies sometimes because I have my set work outs and sometimes I can't take it and I just have to make up or find some work out to do like a cross fit while I'm bored.

Comment

Originally posted by JudOWNED View Post
      Small price to pay to be able to steamroll "stand and bang" guys and gain a helluva top game.
      Really, I'm just grasping at straws here.

Comment

I usually do BJJ 4-6 hours a week.

And I'll do cardio/weights for an additional 4 hours a week.

I'd like to do a little more, but not the 20-25 hours some of you are claiming. Good God that is too much time rolling around with men.

Comment

I train BJJ somewhere between 15-20 hrs a week; crossfit is another 3-5 hrs a week, and I lift weights sporadically, maybe 2 hrs a week.
          Head of BJJ Investigations

Comment

i usally train about 7 hours a week sometimes more but did train less then that for a bit because of a back injury but now i'm back to my normal schedual.

Comment

Im training 10 hours per week, 2 hours per day. Except on weekends. Muay thai. Lovin' it!

Comment

Originally posted by Sirc View Post
                You people that get up in the morning to train are good people.

I only want to have sex with my girlfriend, whack it and then get on the internet and jerk off for a few hours before getting my morning phone calls about people's keyboards not working.
                Dude, I can't do a fucking thing before 10am. I mean, I can get out of bed, make it too my assigned workstation, and closely mimic someone doing my duties but that's about it. It's getting better now that I'm sleeping.

The irony is I have a job that requires me to often rise early, drive for hundreds of miles, and do something dangerous!

YAY!

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnyCache View Post
                  Dude, I can't do a fucking thing before 10am. I mean, I can get out of bed, make it too my assigned workstation, and closely mimic someone doing my duties but that's about it. It's getting better now that I'm sleeping.

The irony is I have a job that requires me to often rise early, drive for hundreds of miles, and do something dangerous!

YAY!
                  I'm with you dude. I've been trying to get out of bed at 6 for the 7am class since it started in January and haven't yet made a single one. The idea of moving any faster than my plod to the underground station isn't something my brain can even make sense of before 9 or 10.
                  " The reason elite level MMAists don't fight with aikido is the same reason elite level swimmers don't swim with their lips." - Virus

" I shocked him with my skills on the ice becuase Wing Chun is great for hockey fighting." - 'Sifu' Milt Wallace

"Besides, as you might already know (from Virus, for example) - there's only 1 wing chun and it sucks big time" - Tonuzaba

"Even when I'm promising mayhem and butt-chicanery, I'm generally posting with a smile on my face." - Sochin101

"That said, if he blocked my hip on a drop nage, I would extend my leg into a drop tai Otoshi and slam him so hard his parents would die." - MTripp

Comment

Currently doing 2 or 3 sessions of BJJ a week (2 and a bit hours per session).

I am also attempting to persuade my pregnant wife that if I don't restart a striking art soon my hands will become brittle and probably fall off which means I won't be able to drive her to the hospital.

She is not buying this particular story so if anyone has better suggestions they will be very much appreciated.

Comment

Kat's been getting up at 6am every morning to go run 7.5 miles, then train for two hours with the boxing coach, some times spar later in the afternoon, and do 2 hours of jujitsu in the evening. I feel like such a slouch right now, but I'll be getting into a similar routine here probably starting next week (doing kickboxing rather than jujitsu in the evenings and I sure as hell won't be starting off with 7.5 miles). I'd say she averages ~23 hours/week, though 2 hours with the boxing coach is like 4 hours doing a decently challenging kickboxing class.
                      Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Mon: Weight training 1 hr, JJJ 2-4 hrs (4 if get out of work at 8 hrs, 2 if I don't)
                        Wed: Weights 1 hr, JJJ 2 hrs
                        Thurs: JJJ 2 hrs
                        Fri: Weights 1 hr, JJJ 4 hrs
                        TOTAL: 13 - 15 hrs

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X