Oh dear, Aikido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh dear, Aikido

I actually watched this class as I wanted to learn something different and man did I see something different. The hippy students actually believe that thsi shit will protect them on the streets. Maybe if they are attacked by elderly women with cotton for hair it might but otherwise they are dead meat.
    Here's the link
    http://www.nicola-endicott.co.uk/aikido.html

I am not really interested in another Aikido sucks thread but is 10 pounds per class the normal fee. That seems reduculous. I pay about 4 (actually 5 euros). I also went to another club in the area (Strabane) and it was also 4 pounds.

Comment

Wow, that's about as bad as wing chun.

Comment

This is definitely the chun calling the kettle black.
        There is no cheating, there is only jiu-jitsu.

Comment

Oh! I get it now. Aikido is an ineffective means of self-defense!!!

The last 75 fuckzillion threads on the topic failed to convince me. But you, Sir, have finally swayed this skeptic.

Thank you, OP, for letting us laugh at love. Again...

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenBeakFist View Post
            Oh! I get it now. Aikido is an ineffective means of self-defense!!!

The last 75 fuckzillion threads on the topic failed to convince me. But you, Sir, have finally swayed this skeptic.

Thank you, OP, for letting us laugh at love. Again...
            Apparently the OP didn't see that "Aikido Threads" were already "On Notice":

SEARCH FUNCTION NOOB!!

Comment

I feel obliged to tell everyone that it is just too deadly to practice live. Then I'll add some angry stuff about everyone's confused sexual identity, insult bjj and MT, and storm out of the thread crying.

Comment

I will now claim Shaolin ke?po is the end all be all of self defense, which has no relevance to this thread and will cause an inevitable derail that will get it's own thread in trollshido.

Comment

Originally posted by DunkelAnanas View Post
                  I will now claim Shaolin ke?po is the end all be all of self defense, which has no relevance to this thread and will cause an inevitable derail that will get it's own thread in trollshido.
                  Do you have fruity wrist-locks? All self-defence MUST have fruity wrist-locks.
                  Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101 View Post
                    Do you have fruity wrist-locks? All self-defence MUST have fruity wrist-locks.
                    Oh, boatloads. We also have overly intricate and impractical chun-esque trapping techniques and awkward stances.

Comment

awkward stances... limp wristlocks... sir, I regret to inform you that you have actually been tricked into in practicing Aikido.
                      Where there is only a choice between cowardice and violence, I would advise violence.

Gandhi

Comment

Since it is obviously too deadly to demo you will need video of compliant demos to really convince everyone. Perferably this would be a video showing how you would handle chain punches, wrist grabs, and

Originally posted by bigstu31s View Post
                        elderly women with cotton for hair

Comment

Having finished crying, I feel the need to come back to this thread and compel everyone to believe me. I even typed this using only Ki, my fingertips and a keyboard. Later, I will use only my Ki and a microwave to melt some delicious cheese onto some tortilla chips. I may video this for you Satan's to enjoy.

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101 View Post
                            awkward stances... limp wristlocks... sir, I regret to inform you that you have actually been tricked into in practicing Aikido.
                            Gadzooks! You are right! This explains everything. The pictures of Ueshiba, the hakama, the people in the corner practicing ki balls.

I am going to leave this school immediately and look into more appropriate training. I wonder if the local "Yellow Bamboo" organization is accepting new members.

Comment

I am going to leave this school immediately and look into more appropriate training. I wonder if the local "Yellow Bamboo" organization is accepting new members.
                              They are always looking for new students.

Good luck getting in the door though.

It is protected by chi.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X