Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Total Newbie Here

Hello,
    I'm jpbrooks. I found this website very recently during a search on google for more information about a TRS Direct Video product, and got hooked here because of the high degree of scrutiny displayed in these forums in criticizing that product and its creator. But I found that I had to register my name in the forum in order to view the website links that appeared in some of the posts in the threads.

I have only had slight exposure to martial arts training both in high school and at the university school levels (mostly general self-defense training from an instructor who had a background in escrima [he never told us what level or rank he had attained], but no more intensive training than that). Although I now have physical problems that would prevent me from engaging in martial arts as a competitive sport (as an MMA competitor, for example), I'm still (mostly) interested in learning martial arts techniques that might be adapted for personal defense on the streets. However I do occasionally watch MMA matches on "free TV" when I'm at home just for pure enjoyment. (I am also a fan of boxing and wrestling.)

Since I am such a "newbie" to martial arts, this website is (and will be for the foreseeable future) more educational for me and less one to which I feel (at least at my present level of martial arts skill and knowledge) I can contribute useful information. So, for the present time, I need to just "keep my mouth shut" in these forums and be a lurker! I just felt that introducing myself here is probably the decent thing to do.

John
    Last edited by jpbrooks; 5/11/2009 5:58pm, .

Seems like you're on a good track for your purposes here. Feel free to ask questions and don't be afraid of getting e-gongsau'd once in a while.
    Welcome to Bullshido.

Comment

Thanks.

Having lurked here for a while, I think asking questions (rather than posting comments and opinions) would indeed probably be the better option for me.

But I still prefer lurking.

John

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
      X