Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Taekwondo can be dangerous...in REAL LIFE

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
    I vote 'Korean horses were smaller in those days - Americans, Japanese and/or Chinese later selectively bred genes for largeness into them'.
    Is that a real thing that people say? If my enemies had horses small enough to easily flying side kick the riders off, I'd just kick the horse in the face with my Silva/Seagal front kick.

    Comment


      Originally posted by Permalost View Post
      If my enemies had horses small enough to easily flying side kick the riders off, I'd just kick the horse in the face with my Silva/Seagal front kick.
      That kick wasn't invented back then.

      Comment


        My horse is pretty small, about 15 hands high, which translates to about 60 inches at the shoulder, or 5 feet. She's a SMALL horse. She wouldn't be considered a war horse for anyone of any reasonable size. She could comfortably carry a 200lb rider, or a 150lb rider and 50lbs of gear at a walk or trot for a while, but anything faster would tire her out in short order.
        You would still have to be able to hit a solid 7 foot high flying side kick in order to kick me while sitting on her back.

        The warcharger type horses are a solid foot taller than that, and a hell of a lot BIGGER in general. And with a bigger person on them, you'd need to be hitting 8 feet for sure with a flying kick. And then there's the matter of actually dislodging someone that's rooted securely to their horse in a way that won't shatter all of the bones in your tiny fragile human leg....

        It's just a hilarity on par with fighting on top of umbrellas.

        Comment


          Is that a real thing that people say? If my enemies had horses small enough to easily flying side kick the riders off, I'd just kick the horse in the face with my Silva/Seagal front kick.
          People were smaller in those days. What was considered a tall person then would be a dwarf now. Everyone rode what basically amounted to ponies in battle.

          Can your kid can kick another kid off of his/her pony (or donkey) down at the petting zoo?

          If you have kids and have never tried this, Mythbusters-style - then you know what you doing.

          Originally posted by Kintanon View Post
          The warcharger type horses are a solid foot taller than that, and a hell of a lot BIGGER in general. And with a bigger person on them, you'd need to be hitting 8 feet for sure with a flying kick. And then there's the matter of actually dislodging someone that's rooted securely to their horse in a way that won't shatter all of the bones in your tiny fragile human leg....
          Presumably whilst wearing armour and carrying a sword too. Unless the situation occurred where one side sent out their most athletic martial artists wearing only light clothing to counteract the other side's cavalry charge.

          (I'm actually giggling at the mental image of this)

          Comment


            Originally posted by Larus marinus View Post
            People were smaller in those days. What was considered a tall person then would be a dwarf now. Everyone rode what basically amounted to ponies in battle.
            I've got the late Choi Hong Hi's massive book on TKD back home, written in the late 70's/early 80's, and what's interesting is that there is no mention of flying kicks being used to knock a rider off a horse.

            He goes into great detail about TKD's supposed origins with the Hwarang warriors in ancient Korea, but for such a notable thing, it just didn't make it into the final edition. Go figure.

            Comment


              TKD and horses is obviously bollocks, but here's some food for thought...

              1. Muay Thai very popular in Holland

              2. The Dutch eat horses (paardenvlees)

              3.

              Comment

              Collapse

              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

              Working...
              X