Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbie with overdue introduction...

Hello,

I've been posting a few times on the forum prior to introducing myself XD. I am 27 years old and live in Austin, Texas. I have ZERO martial arts experience :(. Mostly was just a regular lifter that the gym etc, but hated the fact that I was getting to like 205 lbs at 5'10'' at one point and couldn't defend myself at all. My wife and I have been looking for a serious martial arts school and through our search we found this site. She went to a McDojo and obviously hated it. We looked at a number of schools in Austin and settled on Vasquez Academy in South Austin (Best combination of price, MT/BJJ, and fits our current schedule perfectly...there are a good number of quality schools in Austin ^_^). We started up last Saturday and plan to be regulars there.
    Last edited by newbie999; 5/10/2009 7:59pm, .

Good choice. Welcome.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
      Good choice. Welcome.
      Yeah, it looks like a good choice, but I wouldn't take War Wheel's word for it.
      "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

yes, it is a bit difficult sometimes trying to read past the jokers and the guys trying to be serious sometimes on forums.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
        X