Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Aikido vs. MMA Real Fight"

YouTube - Aikido Vs. MMA Real Fight Part 1

I guess that when they say MMA they mean "Bruce Lee imitator".

As usual the comments are awesome:

If you have Aikido training and you pay real close attention you see lots of Aikido.

The whole 2:09-2:25 was pure Aikido. He harmonises and redirects the shoot and then when he realises that he's going to be taken down off the second attempt at 2:14 he takes ukemi rather than be taken down, which denies the other guy a dominant position and allows the Aikidoka to escape. Pure Aikido.

I think it's pretty clear that the aikidoka was waiting for the inevitable wrist grab to start dominating.

I have to give him some props for engaging in some sparring, though.

Comment

I was actually pleasantly surprised by the one armed aikido masta. Nothing like low expectations to make ya happy

Comment

Is my eyes getting weak or did the aikido guy only have 1 and a half arm?
        If so I must give him credit for doing sparring with 1 and half arm when He also has the handicap of being an aikidoka even though he was sparring krotty bruce lee open hand bitch slapper :P

Comment

That left are was gone. I wonder whose wrist he grabbed?
          I also guess Bruce Jr.s style doesn't have a right hook for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Ungjaevel View Post
            I think it's pretty clear that the aikidoka was waiting for the inevitable wrist grab to start dominating.

I have to give him some props for engaging in some sparring, though.
            On a one armed aikidoka. The irony...

Comment

Hey! It's that guy again!
              He's shown up before, in this video:
              YouTube - Aikido vs Karate

According to the sidebar, his name is Tetsu Yamazaki.
              I think it's fair to see that he's an exceptional aikidoka.

Comment

I'm guessing he was probably schooled at a Japan-based dojo where they actually break out a sweat in training.

At least I now know which martial art to pick up after I lose a limb.

Comment

Aikido sparring? That's about as likely as a one-armed martial artist.

Comment

agreed. i'm impressed.

Comment

its hard enough trying to pull off aikido in a fight but trying to pull of aikido WITH ONE HAND in a fight is just ballsy

Comment

I fail to see any Aikido in either video.

And above poster: working in corrections, I have pulled off Aikido more than you have shot off on the net.

Comment

One of the problems everyone has with Aikido is that they dont spar or fight. This guy is obviously doing both so I say well done to him.

Comment

Isn't guard slamming the exact opposite of everything Aikido is supposed to be?

Comment

Not really.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X