Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Guy

Hi all

I stumbled upon this site while looking for a new place to restart my martial arts training, and get back into the shape I was in before. However, I am by no stretch of the imagination, proficient in even the very limited knowledge I have of Wushu and TKD.

Welcome to Bullshido!

What exactly is it that you are looking for from martial arts training? Do you just care about fitness?

You should take sometime to read up on "Aliveness"

Comment

Yeah mostly fitness is what I care about, not so much about fighting skill. Having some fighting skill would be nice, but I'm following the master the body-master the mind philosophy more than anything else.

There's this place called The White Dragon near me, if anyone here knows anything about it, the enlightenment would be well appreciated.

Comment

Welcome to Bullshido!, is this the place you are looking at?

http://www.whitedragonmartialarts.com/

Don't know anything about them, let us know what you think if you check 'em out.

Comment

If you're not into fighting at all, take Capoeira. It is seriously the coolest martial art there is for any reason other than fighting, which unfortunately it generally sucks at. If you have ever seen of something described as "b-boy (or 'break dance') fighting" then that is it. You will get more flexible and fit than you will in any other martial art.

If you still want some means of self-defense, but still care more about being in shape, try boxing or Muay Thai. Boxing is great because it is simple (just punching), meaning your fitness level is really what determines if you win the match. You will be agile, strong, and fast on your feet. Boxers are some of the most fit martial artists out there. Basically the same with Muay Thai, though with a lot more moves thrown in there (though you will get hit a lot in sparring).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X