Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Martial Arts Myths and Magic Tricks (or why your chi sucks)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Martial Arts Myths and Magic Tricks (or why your chi sucks)

This idea came from uncle skippy in a MABS thread. this thread would be for posting vids, stories, or how to guides for all the hocus pocus magic tricks of the martial arts world.

to start, baking boards to dry them out before doing power breaks. soaking bricks in acitone for the same reason, using the pinch and pull method tor rip phone books in half (i love doing this trick for people).

also, we can't forget the how tos for chi powers such as the unbendable arm, unliftable body, the 2 finger arm bend, and my personal favorite: standing up to the 10 man push.

oh, and of course a step by step instruction guide for becoming a "karate world champion"

oh yeah, and +rep to any bullies that post vids of themselves teaching these, and other, tricks.

Comment

Hey! We can start with the main Ninjer master (bator) magician.

YouTube - Ninja Magic

Place camera at or above head level, lean back, lift knees. Rinse, repeat, and learn to hula hoop.

Is he really that clueless? (Yes)

His sleight of hand sucks too.

Comment

the first time i ever saw that video, i thought it was a joke. i mean, there was no way he could expect people to belive the hula hoop went under him right?? RIGHT?????

Comment

I can shoot a laser out of my mouth. To do that, you need to grow a laser gland in your throat.

Oh, and I'm sure we all know about that old trick where you brainwash your gullible students for a few months before performing your phony chi-attack on them and it'll work. And then there was that Shaolin guy whom James Randi busted who could move paper without touching it, and it turned out he was just blowing on the paper.
          Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
            And then there was that Shaolin guy whom James Randi busted who could move paper without touching it, and it turned out he was just blowing on the paper.
            Randi vs. Hydrick. This was just gut wrenching, incredibly uncomfortable, and absolutely hilarous to watch.

YouTube - James Randi exposes Hydrick

Packing peanuts FTW!

Comment

yes, the brainwashing of students first. don't forget how you do it. first you spend a month to 6 weeks telling them of this "chi power" and the "grandmasters" who can do phenomonal things with it. then you spend another month telling them about how they are advancing so quickly that you are going to teach them a little bit to see how they do.

then you teach them a trick that anybody could learn, and let them perform it on you before you show them your no touch knockouts or anything. after they are fully beliving that they have a smidgin of chi power, then you start showing them how you shoot invisible lasers out of your mouth that knock people out and devirginize prom queens.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Skippy View Post
                Randi vs. Hydrick. This was just gut wrenching, incredibly uncomfortable, and absolutely hilarous to watch.

Packing peanuts FTW!
                don't forget that hydrick claimed he spent years in china, when the truth was he was in jail as a convicted sex offender. he also pulled that phonebook trick with prisoners, but he used a bible. it was his get out of rape free card because he could call down the smiting powers of jeezuz on any of the bubba adolphs that wanted his booty meat.

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Skippy View Post

Packing peanuts FTW!
                  After I first saw this video I actually did that pencil trick for my family when I was home for Christmas. Do I have telekinetic powers too?
                  I'm not giving you my opinion, I'm telling you how it is.
                  Can't decide which evil black rifle to buy? My thoughts.

Comment

then you start showing them how you shoot invisible lasers out of your mouth that knock people out and devirginize prom queens.
                    Yeah, that's a bunch of horseshit. Real mouth lasers are visible and are acquired by the careful growth of a cancerous gland in your esophagus.
                    Dan Severn loves raping people.

Comment

Originally posted by Holy Moment View Post
                      Yeah, that's a bunch of horseshit. Real mouth lasers are visible and are acquired by the careful growth of a cancerous gland in your esophagus.
                      see, and now all the chi/ki knockout masters are gonna start swallowing laser pointers. way to go asshole.

anybody know the trick to breaking blocks of ice? oven baking and acitone might be a bit of a giveaway...

Comment

I did them all in physics demos at one time or another.

Bed of nails, bricks on the chest, walking through broken glass and up the ladder of swords, fire walking, etc...

I am the untimate Ninja!
                        "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Comment

i've never seen a ladder of swords mr. tripp. that actually does sound like it would cut someone.

maybe i should make a youtube channel. physics with ninJEW. i could dress up in a ninjer costume and a streimel with some peyos taped to the sides of my bacalva and then do all these tricks with a walk through on how they all work.

the first one i would do is breaking the single brick, you know where you lift one edge up about an inch and drop it right as you hit it so it snaps right in half.

Comment

You DO have to be careful on the ladder. You slip you are in deep do do.

Did I ever say there is a picture of me in an old Black Belt (or something like it) where Dillman does the "touch" KO on me....

Find the picture, and I'll tell you a tale.
                            "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Comment

if i was a sifu in google fu i might be able to find it, but please please please tell me a story about dillweed trying to "touch" KO you.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X