Full Contact vs Teh Real Muay Thai

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Full Contact vs Teh Real Muay Thai

The great Deisel Noi putting on a clinch clinic. Whenever the question about the difference between the modern Dutch/european, and the pure Thai style comes up, people should watch this.

YouTube - Dieselnoi
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

any background on this? where? what rules?

were elbows allowed?
    "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
    "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
    "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
    "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Looks like when he figured that the guy had no defense for the clinch, he pretty much didn't do anything else. Just walked in, put the clinch on, then commenced to kneeing the face. Pretty nice!
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Who's the other guy? He looks like a pure kickboxer as opposed to European Muay Thai.

Before getting into MT properly, I went to a club that did kickboxing and Muay Thai, and Christ on a bike, the quality of the MT instruction was dire. They basically taught it as kickboxing with knees and elbows. The clinch was taught as "just grab the guy and knee him". It wasn't until I joined a proper MT place that I learned how much goes into just controling your opponent before you even think of throwing a knee.

Comment

Good stuff, but the thai guy looks mad creepy with how lanky he is.

Comment

Originally posted by espm1000 View Post
            Good stuff, but the thai guy looks mad creepy with how lanky he is.
            Agreed. There is something creepy and mantis like about Noi's movements. I think he's the tallest Thai Nak Muay ever too. I think he was something like 6' 150lbs.

Originally posted by Ming Loyalist View Post
            any background on this? where? what rules?

were elbows allowed?
            It was at Olympic Stadium, Los Angeles. I'm guessing there were no elbows, but I don't know for sure.

Who's the other guy? He looks like a pure kickboxer as opposed to European Muay Thai.
            Moncayo's a western kickboxer. Didn't mean to imply that he was Dutch style, just that Noi's style highlights the difference between European MT and the original style. His stance in particular says a lot.
            Last edited by Matt Phillips; 3/27/2009 1:05pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by diesel_tke View Post
              Looks like when he figured that the guy had no defense for the clinch, he pretty much didn't do anything else. Just walked in, put the clinch on, then commenced to kneeing the face. Pretty nice!
              That's pretty much how Dieselnoi fights everyone since he's so freakishly tall
              Ranked #9 internationally at 118lbs by WIKBA http://www.womenkickboxing.com/wikba...rch%202009.htm

Comment

Originally posted by KidSpatula View Post
                That's pretty much how Dieselnoi fights everyone since he's so freakishly tall

Yeah that makes since. Long ass arms and then super long legs. He knows how to use them to his advantage!
                Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by War Wheel View Post
                  Agreed. There is something creepy and mantis like about Noi's movements. I think he's the tallest Thai Nak Muay ever too. I think he was something like 6' 150lbs.

It was at Olympic Stadium, Los Angeles. I'm guessing there were no elbows, but I don't know for sure.

Moncayo's a western kickboxer. Didn't mean to imply that he was Dutch style, just that Noi's style highlights the difference between European MT and the original style. His stance in particular says a lot.
                  I think the creepiest part is his stance in combination with the rhythmic movements that echo of the fight music playing in the background.

Comment

Originally posted by espm1000 View Post
                    I think the creepiest part is his stance in combination with the rhythmic movements that echo of the fight music playing in the background.
                    The rhythmic thing is classic trad MT.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X