Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If this is the "Best Game In Town", you need to move.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If this is the "Best Game In Town", you need to move.

So being the 10th Planet nuthugger I am, I decided to youtube a little today and see if there were any new technique videos from Eddie or any of his schools. I was excited to see about 6 vids posted up today. But was very disappointed when I came across this:

YouTube - Limited Edition of how we Roll Blue Belt Level Jiu-Jitsu!

Here is the comments for the vid by the user. All I can say is WTF does this have to do with Eddie Bravo or 10th planet. It is so annoying when people tag their shit with every term conceivable under the sun. Needless to say the grappling suck as much as the prose.
    This is the only in-house grappling video that we will release! We want to keep out style and system for members only!
    But because some other jiu-jitsu clubs seem to worry more about us than they do them selves and like talking smack but wont say who they really are!
    So we wanted people to see before they come to see us in person that we have skills and know what we are doing and know where we are going! We are new as a gym but bring lots of experience and crazy skills and drill perfect Technique daily! We are growing with new members daily and that speaks for its self! We are the ONLY TRUE SELF DEFENSE ACADEMY IN ETOWAH COUNTY!!! In 6 Months all of our new guy will be competing in the State championships and we will show the power of our techniques in a short period of time. In 2 months we are caring 7 members to the championships and fill confident in winning in each division we are in! And we will also carry our whole team to let the new members see what to expect! We will carry about 25 team members, 1 Team Coach/ Jiu-Jitsu Coach, 1 Team Mom, 1 Assistant Coach/ MMA Head Trainer/ Jiu-Jitsu Team Leader/ Event Participant, 1 schedule manager, 2 photographers, 2 video camera friends, and a very large friend & fan base!!! We are excited and its time to show what we are about!
    We are a classy academy and will not lower our self to the standards of inferior Jiu-Jitsu clubs who like hiding and not showing or telling who they really are! They are jealous of our phenomenal facility and location with the Superior No-GI Jiu-Jitsu skills and our Association with Eddie Bravo and the 10th Planet Jiu-Jitsu System!
    As childish and immature that this sounds, we have even had clubs make up peoples name and say they could wax anybody at our gym and said thy was coming the next Monday! Well they said they couldnt make it and had to go train at a boxing club! Then deletes his profile like nothing ever happened! Again, we are not going to lower ourselves to this childish behavior but would love for people to be man enough to keep it real and not play little boy games!
    Enjoy the Video AND PLEASE NOTE the Effectiveness of having a great coach talking the bottom guy through the match! The Guy on top is very high level grappler but still learning submissions but he always seems to be on top and very tough to sweep him or get out from bottom! But with great coaching the guy on bottom was able to make some nice moves and give himself a chance, but ends up tapping out to a reverse triangle!

I usually don't post "haha laugh at this vids"...but i am so enraged right now.

Comment

That's blue belt level?

Comment

the standup vids are even more confusing.

Comment

Yeah theirs vids are of them sucking. That itself isn't so bad, but the ridiculous shit talking and labelling everything with Eddie Bravo is what gives us 10th Planet nuthuggers a bad name.

The title of the stand up vids are insane...."Colton learning fast"? Maybe for a special needs kid.

Comment

I train at a 10th Planet school an this is NOT blue belt level.

Comment

Looks like some guys got the Mastering The ... books and the DVD and set up shop....
              I mean for fucks sake, do either one of them have any idea what the word BASE means? That finish wasn't a reverse triangle either, it was a headcrush.
              Not anywhere NEAR blue belt. I would say 2 athletic white belts, one who has some wrestling background, and one who has about 4 months of jits.

Comment

The Guy on top is very high level grappler but still learning submissions but he always seems to be on top and very tough to sweep him or get out from bottom! But with great coaching the guy on bottom was able to make some nice moves and give himself a chance, but ends up tapping out to a reverse triangle!
                This makes no sense.

Kin,
                You are being very generous.

Comment

The 'coach' encouraging the guy on half-guard bottom to just sweep (brute force roll anyone?) was... discouraging. Guy on bottom had bad leg position and bad hand position. The guy on top just wasn't sure how to pop out nor how to shift his weight/hips to create an opening; he was just hugging the bottom guy's head.

This isn't close to blue belt level IMHO. More like 2 stripe white if that, especially if the 'better' guy doesn't 'have good submisisons yet'. :-P

And what is up with them trying to be secretive??

Ugh.

Comment

I don't think it is secretive. It seems as though they posted some vids before, got some crap for it, took them down and shot "better" vids which are just as sad as the originals. Where the hell is ETOWAH?

Comment

Guy who "won" I think clearly had a little wrestling. The wrestling shoes, the shoulder on face crush from on top, etc...
                      Other guy could have been anywhere from rank noob to 4 months in my opinion. He at least moved the right direction most of the time, and lacked a lot of spazziness that I would have expected from anyone newer than that. Maybe 4 months of jits isn't what I meant so much as 4 months of some kind of grappling based activity. Could have been 4 months of wrestling. Not based on ability level, but based on not being as spazzy as I would expect from folk newer to having someone lay on top of them.

Comment

fair enough.

Comment

1 Team Mom ?

Id hit it

Comment

Originally posted by cyrijl View Post
                            I don't think it is secretive. It seems as though they posted some vids before, got some crap for it, took them down and shot "better" vids which are just as sad as the originals. Where the hell is ETOWAH?
                            There is one in Tenn. and a Etowah county in Alabama

Comment

Originally posted by joecos View Post
                              There is one in Tenn. and a Etowah county in Alabama
                              <elitism status="on">Figures.</elitism>

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X