Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone living in, or traveling to Japan?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone living in, or traveling to Japan?

Or even just read Japanese. I'm trying to get KosherKickboxer one of these:

for his Shooto fight in May.

They're only available from the official Shooto site which has an English front page, but an all Japanese online store.

Any help much appreciated.
    Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
    Luta Livre flees the fight,
    Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
    Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Not sure about that particular kanji... it's been a while for me, and I am sure there are several ways of writing it. Current computer doesn't have Japanese fond installed, so I have to copy and paste.

Kosher can probably be phonetically written out in katakana, or you can use
    清浄 (clean.) I'll have to hit the old dictionary in a bit to make sure.

Same for kick-boxer (キックボクサー), unless you want something more generic, like fighter/warrior/striker etc. Not 100% sure about that though, so again, will have to look it up.

Are you planning to hit up Japan in May? I'll be in Tokyo from the 11th to the 13th in May.
    =================
    Kama Sutra blue belt.

Originally posted by Emevas
    I used to fuck guys like you in prison.
    Originally posted by Rock Ape
    Dude I kill people for a fucking living.

Dipshit

Comment

Originally posted by Humanzee View Post
      Not sure about that particular kanji... it's been a while for me, and I am sure there are several ways of writing it. Current computer doesn't have Japanese fond installed, so I have to copy and paste.

Kosher can probably be phonetically written out in katakana, or you can use
      清浄 (clean.) I'll have to hit the old dictionary in a bit to make sure.

Same for kick-boxer (キックボクサー), unless you want something more generic, like fighter/warrior/striker etc. Not 100% sure about that though, so again, will have to look it up.

Are you planning to hit up Japan in May? I'll be in Tokyo from the 11th to the 13th in May.
      Oh, I just want help ordering the sweatshirt. Can you read this?:
      http://shooto.cross-mall.com/[email protected]@&reload=1

Not going to Japan. The fight is in upstate NY.

Thanks

Comment

I'm EXTREMELY rusty, and haven't done this in years, so please be kind :)

今まで、「修斗」公式戦会場でしか販売されていなかったお宝グッズや、
        修斗協会公認グッズ、選手のおすすめ商品などが購入できるようになりました。
        今後は、選手が利用しているサプリメントやトレーニング用品も販売していきます。

This is something along the lines of:

Until recently, shooto merchandice was sold at the official games, but it is now possible to buy these products (here.) In the future, we will also sell equipment and supplements (not sure about this one, can anyone verify?)

【ご注意】
        修斗 -SHOOTO- は登録商標です。無断で使用、転用することは固く禁じます。
        修斗公認グッズには全てオフィシャルグッズであることを示す「修斗タグ」が
        付く事になりましたのでお買い上げの際はご参考下さい。
        また、修斗サポーターズプログラムの導入により、
        修斗公認グッズの売上の一部は若手育成費に充てられます。
        修斗公認グッズ、商標に関してのお問い合わせは03-3261-1247まで。
        Shooto is a registered trademark... bla bla bla... use without permission is prohibited... legal crap...

Some of the income from the sales will be used to sponsor young athletes.
        For collectible stuff call 03-3261-1247.

Sorry, it's not exact, but like I said, it's been years. :(
        =================
        Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

i bought one of those last year, when i went to see a shooto show live, and i forgot to buy a size up, so it's too small for me.

mrs loyalist was supposed to wear it instead, but she never has. if you like i can see if she is willing to part with it. i want to get the right size when i go back.
          "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
          "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
          "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
          "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

Thanks Humanzee. Ming, check PMs.

Comment

ok, since the wife will not part with hers, are there any bullies in japan that would be willing to buy one of these and send it to war wheel?

they can be bought in person at shooto events, and i would guess that they are for sale in the stores near the tokyo dome.
              "Face punches are an essential character building part of a martial art. You don't truly love your children unless you allow them to get punched in the face." - chi-conspiricy
              "When I was a little boy, I had a sailor suit, but it didn't mean I was in the Navy." - Mtripp on the subject of a 5 year old karate black belt
              "Without actual qualifications to be a Zen teacher, your instructor is just another roundeye raping Asian culture for a buck." - Errant108
              "Seriously, who gives a fuck what you or Errant think? You're Asian males, everyone just ignores you, unless you're in a krotty movie." - new2bjj

Comment

And on http://shooto.cross-mall.com/[email protected]@&reload=1
                I will kick you some extra cash if you can send one our way.

Comment

I'll see if I can make it to an event. Mrs. Humanzee might have other plans, but I can be very persuasive :)

**edited**
                  Yes, hours of crying and begging. Never fails.
                  =================
                  Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

Originally posted by Humanzee View Post
                    I'll see if I can make it to an event. Mrs. Humanzee might have other plans, but I can be very persuasive :)

**edited**
                    Yes, hours of crying and begging. Never fails.
                    be warned, if you are in chicago and want to buy tickets to a shooto event in advance for a planned trip to japan, you will have a very tough time getting tickets in advance, and the events tend to sell out in advance, so showing up the day of can be hit or miss.

i went through this last year. mrs. loyalist called, and reserved tickets, but her brother had to go pick them up and pay for them, and we had to get them from him.

total pain in the ass. they are not set up to accept US credit cards, nor will they mail tickets to the US.

if you are already in japan, and your location field is set wrong, then i apologize for wasting bandwidth.

Comment

No no, I'm in IL. I do have a friend in Japan, but haven't spoken to him in 2 years. Will see if he is able to help. War Wheel, I'll PM you if I get some updates.
                      =================
                      Kama Sutra blue belt.

Dipshit

Comment

Thanks to all.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                        X