Greetings from SoCal...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from SoCal...

Wanted to put a name to another lurker, and thank bullshido.net members for all the information & entertainment they provide.... So, thanks....

And, pretending anyone wants to know something about me, but really just looking forward to the reminder message at the top of every page saying I have not posted yet going away...

I live in sunny Southern California, train Jun Fan Jeet Kune Do with the Wednesday Night Group, and enjoy playing with any sharp objects I can find.

Nuf said.

Train like you mean it,
    Vince V.

What part of SoCal are you from? If you're anywhere near Orange County, let me know and I'm sure you can come cross-train at my gym.

Comment

Nice to see another SoCal person here, I myself am from North County San Diego and also practice JKD (among other things) where I go.

Comment

Hey Karma,

Do you train with James Stacy?

Comment

Yessir, have you met him before?

Comment

I'm nearer OC than SD.... I live in Redlands, San Bernardino county. OC is a bit of a drive, but should gas $$ and time permit, I'd love to cross-train sometime. I had the opportunity to train a few months of Gracie Jiu-Jitsu a couple years back, and it was great. I really like the workout that can be had rolling.

Comment

Karma: I trained in Capoeira when he hosted it there several years ago. He's a nice guy, though a major smartass.

Vince: If you're ever in town, shoot me a PM.

Comment

Will do! Thanks.

VV

Comment

Yeah I remember him mentioning Capoeira before when I was doing a ginga before class. That sounds like him too.

I've just recently began to realize also how much of a workout BJJ really is after rolling with some people for the past couple months (I always lose because I don't know any offensive moves, but I've gradually been doing slightly better).

Comment

Ain't it a great workout? I like the fact that while I'm rolling I'm so focused that I don't really notice how mush effort it's taking. When sparring stand-up fighting, I tend to notice a bit more (though not too much when sparring). I miss BJJ. Gotta find some local.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                    X