Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• dethklok
    replied
    I think either way it is helping bring MMA to the main stream. I enjoy watching it as it allows me to fantasize about doing that with a few assholes I have come across in the past. The only difference is, is that I would be the one kicking there ass and not a MMA fighter. I would get way more satisfaction from that.

Leave a comment:

• Kambei Shimada
    replied
    YouTube - Andrei Arlovski on MTV Bully Beatdown

Arlovskis on the latest episode.

Leave a comment:

• pokeroo
    replied
    Originally posted by dwkfym View Post
    I actually love watching the show, but now that I know its fake... LOL
    depends on your definition of fake... and what is known for sure is not certain. I think it is pretty obvious that its scripted. The stuff the people in the three that I saw had could have been settled in civil or criminal court. The first sign to me that it was scripted is that the dialogue would make sense if the characters were five years younger.

Now as far as the fights... I don't know who gets what money, and if stunt men are paid to try their best. It doesn't look like anyone is throwing the fight. If anything the fight looks real.

try willful suspension of disbelief.

Leave a comment:

• dwkfym
    replied
    I actually love watching the show, but now that I know its fake... LOL

Leave a comment:

• pokeroo
    replied
    This is what I get for not reading the original forum. My bad.
    <---is an idiot
    I figured you just skimmed the post, but felt like giving this bully thing a try. It sure feels a lot better when your not on the receiving end.

Leave a comment:

• dwkfym
    replied
    This is what I get for not reading the original forum. My bad.
    <---is an idiot

Leave a comment:

• pokeroo
    replied
    The guy who confessed up is a big pussy. I feel guilty, wah wah wah, please worship my penis now that I have shown the world how great I am.

Welcome to showbiz. Welcome to TV showbiz. I was once on a quiz show with classmates in Korea. We re-did many questions. Especially when things got unbalanced. No shit?

The guy sounds like a butthurt writer because he doesn't get any credit. NO SHIT. Didn't he fucking know that going into the show? Of COURSE he isn't gonna get to be on the credits, it'd ruin the whole thing. He is thinkin' hes going to get another TV job that gives him more "what he deserves" and probably find that he fucked up his career by doing "the right thing" because he feels guilty. What is this guy? Rookie TV scriptwriter? Its entertainment. Us watchers, especially the young, drunk MTV watching crowd, in the end don't give a damn as long as its fun. If we did give a fuck, most of us are smart enough to figure out its all staged. In the wrong industry, apparently. Also, his shit don't stink, apparently.

/rant mode off
    Just so you know that guy who confessed was Mayhem, and if you read his message carefully you can find a hidden message. Here is a clue as to what that message may be:

YouTube - sarcasm 101 Matthew Perry ( Chandler ) Saturday Night Live

If you still don't see it, then go to the message board where it was posted and look at all Mayhem's other posts, where he spells it out for those who can't read between lines.

Leave a comment:

• TheLordHumungus
    replied
    Originally posted by pokeroo
    There is something enjoyable about seeing a complete mismatch sometimes.
    You said it, brother. Here's one of my favorites.

Requires Flash Player

Leave a comment:

• dwkfym
    replied
    The guy who confessed up is a big pussy. I feel guilty, wah wah wah, please worship my penis now that I have shown the world how great I am.

Welcome to showbiz. Welcome to TV showbiz. I was once on a quiz show with classmates in Korea. We re-did many questions. Especially when things got unbalanced. No shit?

The guy sounds like a butthurt writer because he doesn't get any credit. NO SHIT. Didn't he fucking know that going into the show? Of COURSE he isn't gonna get to be on the credits, it'd ruin the whole thing. He is thinkin' hes going to get another TV job that gives him more "what he deserves" and probably find that he fucked up his career by doing "the right thing" because he feels guilty. What is this guy? Rookie TV scriptwriter? Its entertainment. Us watchers, especially the young, drunk MTV watching crowd, in the end don't give a damn as long as its fun. If we did give a fuck, most of us are smart enough to figure out its all staged. In the wrong industry, apparently. Also, his shit don't stink, apparently.

/rant mode off

Leave a comment:

• pokeroo
    replied
    Here is some more footage of similar one sided fighting, but somehow its not quite as unbalanced as bully beatdown. YouTube - Where's My Money?? Stewie Beats Brian Part 2

Leave a comment:

• pokeroo
    replied
    This show is quite interesting. The fighting is the only part that doesn't strike me as staged. But where else can I watch such one sided fights? sometimes on TUF or here:

The World&#39;s Most One Sided Fistfights Caught On Film

There is something enjoyable about seeing a complete mismatch sometimes.

Leave a comment:

• omoplatypus
    replied
    if i was 10 - 12 years younger i would sign up for made to be an ammy MMA fighter or BJJ player.

that is one reality show that i actually can stand to watch. you know, the whole teaching spoiled brats to work hard for a change, or getting fat nerds to exercise and build some self confidence really works for me.

Leave a comment:

• Kid Metallica
    replied
    Guys n' Girls!, for people who dont know you can go to MTV home page (I think its called MTV.com) and look around for the reality shows or something then you can sign up for a reality t.v show like Made or Bully Beatdown. ( I dont recomend those reality t.v shows like "Flava of love" or anything") alot of it is probly fake but I think Made is the realist one....Im going to try to sign up for Bully Beat down and see what happens.

Leave a comment:

• TheLordHumungus
    replied
    I'm still just mad that there's an age limit to sign up. Me and my sensei wanted to give it a shot. But I'm 28 and he's 31. This disqualified us.

Would've been an easy $10,000.

Leave a comment:

• ADM
    replied
    Originally posted by bitchslapper View Post
    In the couch potato episode where he "confronts" the bully jumping on the couch, originally they showed it from the camera that followed him into the house. But at the end of the show they show it from a camera positioned in front of the couch. So there were cameras in the house already. I wanted this to be real *pouts*
    I'll be honest, I did notice that too ... and felt a little 'awww' go off inside me :(

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X