Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright, got that part.

Onto PALz!

(you should title your post, "Lets be PALs" for teh lulz)

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
    Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
    I agree with moosey

Comment

You Gotta Have Friends: NTSC and PAL

DISCLAIMER: I am keeping this short and simple, so don't use this as a textbook definition.

NTSC is the video format used for televisions in the USA, Canada, and some other countries. PAL is the video format used for televisions in the UK, Australia, and some other countries. The only reason this matters is because you intend your DVD to be viewable on televisions and you want to sell to people all over the world.

You have to make different versions of your DVD because PAL uses a higher resolution and frame rate than NTSC ([email protected] for PAL as opposed to [email protected] for NTSC). DVD players and televisions usually only support one signal standard.
      Last edited by Robstafarian; 2/19/2009 2:05pm, .
      Originally posted by Snake Plissken
      cuz FastPass on Indiana Jones was like being a ghetto rock star.
      Originally posted by Kiko
      But graffiti isn't a bowl of fruit...
      Originally posted by Robstafarian
      Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

What is instead happening is thus:
      1. Your argument is bullshit.
      2. You keep repeating, and expanding upon, your argument.
      3. Therefore, you are an idiot.

That isn't an ad hominem fallacy; that's inductive reasoning.

Comment

Aight, that make sense.

The VHS tapes should be converted within a week or two, and hopefully we can have a finished product within a month. I'm sure we can condense the VHS tapes down to two or three DVDs, which will, of course, be much more affordable then the 6 DVD nonsense i was proposing before.

I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
        I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
          The VHS tapes should be converted within a week or two, and hopefully we can have a finished product within a month. I'm sure we can condense the VHS tapes down to two or three DVDs, which will, of course, be much more affordable then the 6 DVD nonsense i was proposing before.
          Feel free to contact me with any questions or progress updates; I started to like the idea of doing this myself as I gave it more thought.
          Merely insulting you is not an ad hominem fallacy: them calling you an idiot would be ad hominem if they said "You are an idiot, therefore your argument is invalid."

Comment

Right now, the BIGGEST concern/gray area is payment/distribution.

However, that will HOPEFULLY be taken care of soon enough.

I agree with moosey

Comment

Count me interested

Comment

Originally posted by snowman View Post
                You wouldn't be able to email

I was going to suggest that for international orders, setup a torrent or ftp site, but people might have been all torrents = piracy

But I'd be down for that

sizing, a dvd iso would have all menus and such, but avi would be quicker/smaller file
                Piracy could be overcome with a RAR file with password encryption. Perhaps accessing the hosted site could require a separate password also. You get the password PM'd to you via bullshido, when your pay has gone through.

There's still an element of trust required, but that's the case with anything on digital formats these days. Maybe it could just require a minimum post count, or a positive varrot score on bullshido.

I'm personally pro digital distribution as it requires less work on everyone's part. But very understandable about the Pirarts.
                Last edited by 100xobm; 2/19/2009 6:41pm, .
                Originally posted by Judoka_UK
                Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

The person doing the VHS rip should definately encode it as well

For the transfer of the RAW data, just grab a 1 terrabyte or 500gig external harddrive, that they are pretty cheap, then just fedex it

Good thinking re: the non region coding, though alot of dvd players and TV's these days will play NTSC and PAL dvd's without a problem

Originally posted by 100xobm View Post
                  Piracy could be overcome with a RAR file with password encryption. Perhaps accessing the hosted site could require a separate password also. You get the password PM'd to you via bullshido, when your pay has gone through.

There's still an element of trust required, but that's the case with anything on digital formats these days. Maybe it could just require a minimum post count, or a positive varrot score.

I'm personally pro digital distribution as it requires less work on everyone's part. But very understandable about the Pirarts.
                  Yeah definitely, but theres also always the chance that someone will rip the DVD and pirate it, I'll assume that the people willing to pay for a Marktripp DVD are also people that wont screw him over by pirating it, maybe after a few years he would like it out in the public domain for more exposure, or he's feeling philanthropic.

The passwords are definitely good ideas

Comment

Years ago I gave a guy a set because he had so little money.

Months later I learned he was selling copies.

Live and learn
                    "Out of every hundred men, ten shouldn't even be there, eighty are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior, and he will bring the others back." -- Hericletus, circa 500 BC

Comment

Hopefully I can keep Digital Distribution and hard copies a valid option for everyone interested.

I'm in talks with Nick from RuptureClothing, and having his site help with the e-commerce/distribution side of things. That would be a BIG help.

In this day and age, there is very little anyone can really do to prevent Piracy....HOWEVER i would HOPE that people would have more common sense then to steal from a guy who could put them in a WORLD of hurt with very little effort, indeed...

I agree with moosey

Comment

Oh yeah, I'm sending the tapes to be converted in a day or two.

If he is transferring them straight from the VHS to DVD, its how his machine works.

Then i'll rip the DVDs to my computer, then send them off to Phrost, for editing.

This is all coming together really well, actually.

I agree with moosey

Comment

HOWEVER i would HOPE that people would have more common sense then to steal from a guy who could put them in a WORLD of hurt with very little effort, indeed...
                          Never mind he's a living legend and possibly the nicest guy ever invented.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBadGuy View Post
                            Never mind he's a living legend and possibly the nicest guy ever invented.
                            Or that he always smells great. Like deadly leather car seats, even after hours of randori in summer, no sweat at all, you just think you're being leg locked by a brand new Mercedes.

Or so the legend goes...
                            Originally posted by Judoka_UK
                            Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1 View Post
                              Oh yeah, I'm sending the tapes to be converted in a day or two.

If he is transferring them straight from the VHS to DVD, its how his machine works.

Then i'll rip the DVDs to my computer, then send them off to Phrost, for editing.

This is all coming together really well, actually.
                              So if the video goes straight from VHS to DVD, that means that the edited video from Phrost will then need to be transcoded to PAL for the international customers.

Fine by me if Rupture handles digital distribution, but it's no trouble for me to host a password protected RAR file. Matter of fact, I could transcode to PAL, create the disk image, create the protected RAR file, and upload it to my server if I was sent a DVD of the edited footage. If Rupture agrees to handle digital distribution, they can download it from my server and I'll delete my copy.

Long story short, I'm still looking to help any way I can. :lurk:
                              Last edited by Robstafarian; 2/19/2009 10:25pm, . Reason: Clarification

Comment

I hear he has soft hands and smells of lavender

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X