Aikido 3D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aikido 3D

I was surfing on the internet and some add about 3D aikido caught my eye.
    So i went to the site and seems like some program you can buy to be a better aikidoka. :p

http://www.aikido3d.com/?gclid=CKSvt...FQMnGgodWHDb1g

what do you people think about this.
    asides probally getting frauded for your money

And i just saw there's even one TKD guys :p lol
    http://www.tkd3d.com/
    Last edited by matthias.; 2/04/2009 11:17am, .

Compliance in the next dimension!

Comment

Apparently, there's a cheat code and if you press up,up,up left,left,left, circle square circle, the guy turns into a judoka.

Maybe.

Seriously though, I saw this program advertised when I was learning aikido and wondered if it would help my understanding - being able to study everything in slo-mo and from different angles, etc.
      Luckily, I decided against it. Seemed like trying to learn how to fight by watching the replays in Tekken.

Comment

Got a gift of this a while back. It's just like it looks like on the site, two guys demoing some techniques + motion capture --> animated demo viewable from different angles.
        The comentry on each is fairly short and pretty much tells you where to put each limb.

Like any study aid it obviously doesn't (and couldn't) replace training. They seem to be clear on this point too.
        I feel it's aimed at people in the first year of training.

Comment

Just saw that your style field says you're starting MT so I wouldn't see the point in it for you

Comment

Originally posted by realjanuary
            Just saw that your style field says you're starting MT so I wouldn't see the point in it for you

note that i say surfing on the web and caught my eye...

Comment

Wonder if it's got a spannish guitar sound track?

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101
                Apparently, there's a cheat code and if you press up,up,up left,left,left, circle square circle, the guy turns into a judoka.

Maybe.

Seriously though, I saw this program advertised when I was learning aikido and wondered if it would help my understanding - being able to study everything in slo-mo and from different angles, etc.
                Luckily, I decided against it. Seemed like trying to learn how to fight by watching the replays in Tekken.

Hey, my black belt in Tekken gave me the ability to hold my opponent in the air with a series of strategically timed jabs, so it wasn't a total loss.

Comment

Originally posted by foxd
                  Hey, my black belt in Tekken gave me the ability to hold my opponent in the air with a series of strategically timed jabs, so it wasn't a total loss.
                  Yeah, you've got to be careful with that shit though. If someone sees that belt, before you know it, a fucking panda is chasing you down the street, followed by robots, tiny chinese girls and a gay ginger in a cutaway TKD suit.

Comment

Originally posted by 100xobm
                    Yeah, you've got to be careful with that shit though. If someone sees that belt, before you know it, a fucking panda is chasing you down the street, followed by robots, tiny chinese girls and a gay ginger in a cutaway TKD suit.
                    Don't forget a fucking kangaroo wearing boxing gloves.

Comment

That's feasible at least.
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=[yt]yl7g4GR7kzg
                      See?

I find it weird that you'd mention that, and not a fucking raptor called alex.

Here's a game that takes the fun out of judo.

http://www.kmtgames.com/

I neither understand judo games nor do I understand snowboarding games.
                      The Real Shit is much more fun and not dangerous.

Comment

Originally posted by sochin101
                        Don't knock learning from Tekken. I'm learning how to fight like Gon from tekken 3. I've got the fire breathing down, but not the instantaneously paralyzing farts. Need to eat more eggs, methinks.

Comment

I've got a few months yet before I master Devil-Ryu, wherein I tap into my internal demon and shoot energy beams and fly.

Comment

Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                            Don't knock learning from Tekken. I'm learning how to fight like Gon from tekken 3. I've got the fire breathing down, but not the instantaneously paralyzing farts. Need to eat more eggs, methinks.
                            Gon is the master of fighting skills. Watch out for Mokujin though, it'd be like the Chun kicking your ass.

Comment

Argh, I can't believe I'm going to say this:

I haven't tried the Aikido one, but I've played around on the TKD one. As a former TKD instructor, my opinion is that it's a decent product for people involved in that MA.

They did motion capture with two of the world's best TKD "fighters" (yeah, yeah) and the best poomsae (kata) competitor.

For those involved in poomse competition, it's pretty cool to be able to stop at any point in a form and move the camera around to see exactly how and where the guy is standing and watch all the moves and transitional moves at any speed and any angle.

The sparring one isn't quite as useful, but again, it's pretty good to be able to watch exactly how Mark and Steven Lopez execute particular techniques from any angle and speed. You really can't get that from a DVD.

So yeah, it won't teach you to fight and lulz aikido, but the product is fine for what it is. A little pricey, maybe, but I guess the production costs are high-ish. It's a cool technology that I can see working well for other training aids.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X