No one is good enough to be criticizing anyone else

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No one is good enough to be criticizing anyone else

"People need to grow up and be adults and quit talking about each other and spend the time training instead of talking. No one is good enough to be criticizing anyone else"
    Grandmaster Masaaki Hatsumi

Hatsumi's words are sort of meaningless here.

He is, after all, the father of Ninjerdom.

Comment

Culled from:
      Anshu Christa Jacobson - Budo Ryu - No BS Martial Arts

If "no one is good enough to be criticizing anyone else", why would Hatsumi be criticizing people by calling them childish and telling them to shut up?

Just curious.
      Calm down, it's only ones and zeros.
      "Your calm and professional manner of response is really draining all the fun out of this. Can you reply more like Dr. Fagbot or something? Call me some names, mention some sand in my vagina or something of the sort. You can't expect me to come up with reasonable arguments man!" -- MaverickZ

"Tom Kagan spins in his grave and the fucking guy isn't even dead yet." -- Snake Plissken

My Bullshido fan club threads:
      Tom Kagan's a big hairy...
      Tom Kagan can lick my BALLS
      Tom Kagan teaches _ing __un and bigotry?
      Tom Kagan: Serious discussion here
      Lamokio asks the burning question is Tom Kagan a pussy or just cruising for some
      I'm Dave the gay Kickboxer from Manchester and I have the hots for Tom Kagan
      TOM KAGAN, OPEN ME, THE MKT ARE COMING FOR YOU ! ARE YOU MAN ENOUGH TO MEET ?
      ATTN TOM KAGAN
      World Dominator 'Kagan' in plot to lie about real Kung Fu and Martial Arts
      Tom Kagan just gave me my third negative rep in a day
      I am infatuated with Tom Kagan
      Tom Kagan is a fat balding white guy.

Comment

So when my coach corrects me I should ignore him because he isn't good enough to criticize me? Doesn't that defeat the point of having a coach in the first place?

Comment

Amazingly, this quote was taken moments after someone provided evidence that Bujinkan taijutsu was bullshido.

Comment

Forget the ninjery, the quote is just plain wrong. I'm actually good enough to criticize lots of people. We even have belt colors in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu to indicate exactly who I'm good enough to criticize.

More importantly, I know lots of people who are good enough to criticize me. And I always thank them for helping me to improve my game. If I didn't have people around me good enough to criticize me, I'd go somewhere else.

Comment

Originally posted by kurowashi
              "People need to grow up and be adults and quit talking about each other and spend the time training instead of talking. No one is good enough to be criticizing anyone else"
              Perhaps there are special fonts or colors that have not been developed yet that would make this quote less amusing.

Comment

Translation: If people start thinking critically about what they're doing I'm going to lose assloads of money

Comment

You have to appreciate a man that can take the time to dress up like a ninja and accuse someone of childish behavior.

Comment

Seems to me that one of the marks of being an adult is being able to criticize and take criticism.

Comment

SHUT UP! you suck!I am better than you! I am better than Hatsumi! Oh yeah and I suck!

Comment

Please tell me your not serious? This has to be a bad troll job!

Comment

Originally posted by hoodedmonk
                          Please tell me your not serious? This has to be a bad troll job!
                          Probably. But we got through the first page of replies before someone called "trollshido."

Comment

How's about I kick frog eyes's ass/ol' hatsu/? You think I'd know enough to correct him, troll boy?

Comment

Yeah, that quote is almost as good as Oyama's, ""Real fighting cannot exist without proof, proof cannot exist without trust, trust cannot exist without respect."

Hmmm, let's see how this works. Staged slow compliant drills vs full contact fighting. Oh who cares who is right?

No one is good enough to be criticizing anyone else..... Right? A style where practitioners can find the truth through full contact fighting vs LARPing, no contest there.
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by patfromlogan; 2/03/2009 10:20pm, .
                              "Preparing mentally, the most important thing is, if you aren't doing it for the love of it, then don't do it." - Benny Urquidez

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X