X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awsome new video from Chooson ninja crony

It's a mix of karate kid, ninja and the fat star wars kid from you tube:

YouTube - 91-A NEW AWAKENING IN MY TRAINING

I have a very hard time believing this was serious. Also, at 0:18, I wasn't aware the Korean flag with a kanji symbol in the middle was a traditional ninja standard. Maybe the Koreans really did invent everything.

Comment

Oh God (and I'm an atheist)...

Lord Rayden meets The Karate Kid 2.

Comment

I've always wondered, even aside from the obvious fact that everything you do with a $20 sword while wearing a straw hat isn't martial arts, is there actually any real form of kenjutsu wherein the katana is spun between two fingers, tossed up into the air, and shit like that? I have only ever tried kendo and shinkendo and in both of those, keeping a proper grip on the handle of the weapon was a basic requirement for performing techniques.

Seriously though, what entitles this guy to have an "awakening" in regards to martial arts and why does he think that something he does alone in his living room is martial arts, especially when he just made it up?

Comment

Step 1. Watch videos of classical Iaido Cata

Step 2. Misinterpret said cata and fail to replicate rhythm and movement.

Step 3. Spend thousands on buying useless junk

Step 4. Make video for much entertainment and laughter

Step 5. Profit

Iaido may not be an alive MA, but at least it has some dignity:

http://uk.YouTube - Iaido kata. Mae geri.
          Last edited by Soulrebel; 1/24/2009 3:51am, .

Comment

That right there is the gravitas I expect out of someone who trains with a live sword. Instead I get fatties twirling it like a shiny baton.

Comment

Originally posted by MrGalt
              is there actually any real form of kenjutsu wherein the katana is spun between two fingers, tossed up into the air, and shit like that?
              No.
              Step 1. Watch videos of classical Iaido Cata

Step 2. Misinterpret said cata and fail to replicate rhythm and movement.
              I only studied kenjutsu for about 6 months and only on saturdays, but I'm skeptical he spent much time on step 1. He fails in more aspects than rhythm and movement. I could write a wall of text picking apart the most basic things he gets wrong. His technique aside, he fails to understand the purpose of iai on a fundamental level. Sword drawing technique is ONLY used in self defense of a suprise attack. You never stalk someone with your sword in the scabbard. I can't think about this anymore it makes my brain hurt.

Comment

I only did a couple of months of Iaido, but I think hapkido keith is bang on the money here...

On the other hand, the guy's a ninja, he doesn't need to draw the sword while stalking somebody. Also, it's a special ninjasamurai tempered steel extra sharp razor sword, so he doesn't need proper technique either.

I wish I was like that guy.

Comment

NINJA VANISH AT 1:09!

I was surprised he did not replace himself with a wooden log, as that is the proper kawarimi no jutsu taught by the Konoha ryu.

Comment

My favorite part was when the karate kid drum vanishes and then he waves his hand around like he is tracing the magical kanji. That was great!

Comment

I like when he wears Samurai outfit and a green belt....

Comment

I like how the kimono doesn't hide his fatness.

Comment

Originally posted by hapkido_keith
                          Sword drawing technique is ONLY used in self defense of a suprise attack. You never stalk someone with your sword in the scabbard. I can't think about this anymore it makes my brain hurt.
                          He's seen too many Sonny Chiba movies...there's a samurai in some of his flicks that does that.

This guy isn't a loser, he's just has teh r33l film d3adly. pushups for all that shit y'all just said about him.

Comment

Just think, if he took all the money he wasted on the fake swords and Japanaphernalia, he could have spent that on legit training and made a much less retarded video.

Comment

The SFX are sooo awesome... NOT.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X