Discovery Channel proves *snicker* Teh deadly Pressure points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 3moose1
    martial arts being used on the battle field?

Vid of Aikido army vs Karate army plz.
    I actually wasn't referring to Aikido or Karate. I was referring to Muay Thai:

http://www.thaiboxing.com/history.php
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by TrueKarateKid
      Don't tempt me. I might just incite my karate dojo to go and attack my friends Aikido dojo
      :P
      YouTube - Dwarf Midgets Killer Muay Thai Boxing Nasty Fighting ?

Comment

Originally posted by TrueKarateKid
        Don't tempt me. I might just incite my karate dojo to go and attack my friends Aikido dojo
        :P
        If your club does Kyokushin, I think we'd all like to see that :)

Comment

Originally posted by David Koresh Jr.
          Work.

Rudy Reyes > Bear Grylls

Comment

Originally posted by aznassassn
            Yeah i've been thinking about checking out a boxing gym. But i live in NZ so i don't have many options lol.
            Kia Ora Egg.

If you aren't in dargaville you're full of shit. What city?
            Alex does muay thai in auckland.

I do judo in auckland

Cameron todd, nz olympic boxing coach teaches out of cityboxing.co.nz
            Phillip Lam, who trains a lot of great NZ fighters like Shane Choppa Chapman etc is in aucks
            Along with Jason "psycho" suttie's gym in balmoral
            Ray Sefo's in pakuranga.

There's some sick as Kyokushin all over the damn country.
            Sick as BJJ all over as well (some of it taught by REAL BRAZILLIANS)

and Judo everywhere awesome is.
            Originally posted by Judoka_UK
            Judo is the PC to Sambo's Mac.

Comment

er, that came out with slightly more hostility than I intended.

PM me if you want help finding a good place, I pretty much know of most schools in NZ, if I haven't been there.

Comment

There are also plenty of sheep around.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by aznassassn
                  First of all not theoretical, proved by scientists remember? and proven on the battlefield? like this is a serious question, not me being sarcastic when were these sport arts proven on the battlefield? and are you also saying Ninjutsu did not work on the battlefield? I mean, come on it had to, maybe just alot of ninjutsu teachers today are crap or something lol, anyway I'd rather learn a whole unch of traditional martial arts that were developed for war and self defence rather that ones developed taking into account rules and regulations. I'm not saying MMA fighters suck, I mean theyd pwn up in real fights even if they didn't know how to fight cos theyre so damn strong but i just think you cant discount everything else because you have'nt seen it used in the ring under controlled conditions.
                  I just felt the need to point out a fact that no one else had seemed to point out in this discussion or in other discussions when this argument is brought up.

Many TMA'ers, especially ninjutsu lovers, have pointed out that MMA fighters fight in a controlled enviorment and usually train to fight in such an enviorment. Where as ninjutsu was indeed pressure tested in battle.

That's ninjutsu as a whole. The stealth kill attributes are still used today. Just modified to make it easier. Snipers for example. However, can any ninjutsu practionar say that they've seen Taijutsu work as it should outside of a controlled enviorment? I mean honestly have seen, not heard stories or make up one, but to see the taijutsu techniques work outside of a controlled enviorment. I would guess that a huge majority haven't.

Comment

Originally posted by moose
                    There are also plenty of sheep around.
                    yep, they're called Wing Chunions or Ninjers.

BA-ZIING!

Anyway,
                    I can't remember the details and can't be bothered looking but I remember that someone around here did some extensive ninj research and found that there's only evidence for its existence going back one generation before hatsumi.

Their argument was that samurai, being that they were raised killers etc, were perfectly capable of doing their own mysterious assassination work.

I don't care enough about the issue to re-find what I read, but I think it was in the japanese style forum. I'm not sure which I believe, but bullshido hasn't steered me wrong thus far. And ninjas really fuck me off so I'm inclined to ignore them.

Comment

When does it come on?

Comment

Originally posted by Giyuo
                        When does it come on?
                        Too late for you, ask mum to tape it.

Comment

that did not help at all...

Comment

Making sure you don't watch that abomination is helping.

Comment

Man you got hit in a pressure point if you could tell me where "just under the shoulder" I might be able to tell you which point specificly

Comment

Originally posted by cccbock1965 View Post
                                Man you got hit in a pressure point if you could tell me where "just under the shoulder" I might be able to tell you which point specificly
                                If you can't even read the date of the last post, how can we trust you to know a specific pressure point?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X