Discovery Channel proves *snicker* Teh deadly Pressure points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus
    Well, definitely check out that boxing gym when you get the chance. You seem pretty open minded, I bet you'll enjoy it.
    lol kewl i will.

Comment

The ninja discussion is kind of over, the kid doesn't even practice any kind of ninjitsu. Also azn, post your experiences after you visit the boxing gym. Should be good to read.
      Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

Also, that's enough serious for one thread
        Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus
          The ninja discussion is kind of over, the kid doesn't even practice any kind of ninjitsu. Also azn, post your experiences after you visit the boxing gym. Should be good to read.
          Ok yeah i will, I'll probably have to do it after the christmas holidays though, not much is open atm.

Comment

We're still in MABS right? Yeah we are. Anyone got something to say about Kyusho pressure points? Quickly before this whole thing gets sent to the court of king Duff a former pro football player and wrestler.

Comment

I have been doing kyusho for going on thirty years and have yet to ever see it done correctly by any of these supposed "masters". Sometimes my only joy in life is knocking these bastards out. Real kyusho is not what any of these asses say it is, theres no magic just simple science, strong strike + back of head = ktfo. It's dips like Dillman that have been giving the things i love a bad rep. I Call BULLSHIDO on all of them!!!!

Comment

have been to a dillman seminar years ago I might add, was interesting but there was a lot of stuff regarding chi that just made no sense and the knockouts looked very fake. However some stuff was interesting, Dillman got me to grab his wrsit as hard as I could and then used a pressure point on it and it was painful enough that I had to let go. Still by the end of the seminar I certainly wasn't convinced.

Last year I had the pleasure to attend a seminar with Joe Carslake (Irish 9th dan in a form of jujitsu and hanshi of his own style)at SENI in excel centre in London. I went in very sceptical about it but the difference was phenomanal. Where as in dillmans seminar the pain was bearable the techniques these guys used were f***ing painful. They dug their fingers in hard and boy did you know about it(this sounds vaguelly dodgy). The difference in execution was mainly force and intent. They used alot more force and definitely had the intent.

The main problem is in terms of definition of what a pressure point is and what is meant by applying pressure. If you are thinking of a spot on body where a mystical energy flow can be disrupted by the application of light pressure (Tai chi style)= annoyance and low pain generation. If you are thinking of small fleshy parts of your body close to muscle and tissue and the hard part of your forearms or knuckles dug in roughly(Wrestling/judo/street fights) = nausiating and blinding pain.

Comment

Originally posted by madmonkey

The main problem is in terms of definition of what a pressure point is and what is meant by applying pressure. If you are thinking of a spot on body where a mystical energy flow can be disrupted by the application of light pressure (Tai chi style)= annoyance and low pain generation. If you are thinking of small fleshy parts of your body close to muscle and tissue and the hard part of your forearms or knuckles dug in roughly(Wrestling/judo/street fights) = nausiating and blinding pain.
                  I practice Tai Chi and have never used this mystical energy flow disruption technique. What style did you practice that used those techniques?

I wrestled and have done judo. Are you saying that wrestling and judo use pressure points?
                  Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

I put Kyusho pressure points to the test today (video) - No BS Martial Arts
                    Off-topic newbietown/YMAS gone.

I wrestled and have done judo. Are you saying that wrestling and judo use pressure points?
                    Yes.

We have a huge thread discussing this and quite a few people (Omega for instance) agreed with madmonkey IIRC.

Of course, minus the streetfight, blinding and nausea keywords.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
                      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/showthread.php?t=79114
                      Off-topic newbietown/YMAS gone.

Yes.

We have a huge thread discussing this and quite a few people (Omega for instance) agreed with madmonkey IIRC.

Of course, minus the streetfight, blinding and nausea keywords.
                      Weird. I don't remember doing anything that resembled this: "small fleshy parts of your body close to muscle and tissue and the hard part of your forearms or knuckles dug in roughly"

But then again, maybe my reading comprehension is off this morning.
                      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by diesel_tke
                        Weird. I don't remember doing anything that resembled this: "small fleshy parts of your body close to muscle and tissue and the hard part of your forearms or knuckles dug in roughly"

But then again, maybe my reading comprehension is off this morning.
                        From a judo perspective it's not so much about specific pressure points but more doing things that are painful to get your opponent to do what you want. Grinding knuckles under the chin to dig for a choke, stretching a grapevine to open someone up, crunching someone's head during a turnover, etc. All technically illegal of course but easy enough to do quickly so a referee wouldn't notice. Not something you generally teach or do to every opponent/partner either, usually saved for rolling with douches and really rough matches where you're both pulling out the dirty tricks.

Comment

Originally posted by diesel_tke
                          Tell me, what would you rather do...spend years studying how to use theoretical pressure points, or years studying a martial art that has been shown to work on the battle field and in the cage?
                          martial arts being used on the battle field?

Vid of Aikido army vs Karate army plz.

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                          3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
                          I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                          That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                          Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                          I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by Judobum
                            From a judo perspective it's not so much about specific pressure points but more doing things that are painful to get your opponent to do what you want. Grinding knuckles under the chin to dig for a choke, stretching a grapevine to open someone up, crunching someone's head during a turnover, etc. All technically illegal of course but easy enough to do quickly so a referee wouldn't notice. Not something you generally teach or do to every opponent/partner either, usually saved for rolling with douches and really rough matches where you're both pulling out the dirty tricks.
                            Thank you.

This part not, the Dillman garbage. I left the part I agreed with out.

Comment

But it's on tv! How can it be fake? lol
                              Originally posted by MrBadGuy
                              The Dog kid's mom is parked next to me in the parking lot. He runs up and asks me a question. "Hey dude, where did you learn that stuff?"

"That was grappling. Real MMA."

"Where do I go for that?"

I was a little shocked. Sure, he changed sides quickly, but I guess even a dog can realize it has more in common with the wolf than with the shephard.

I give him the names of some BJJ schools in the area, and we go our separate ways.

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1
                                martial arts being used on the battle field?

Vid of Aikido army vs Karate army plz.
                                Don't tempt me. I might just incite my karate dojo to go and attack my friends Aikido dojo
                                :P

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X