Discovery Channel proves *snicker* Teh deadly Pressure points

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aznassassn
    Yeah i did see it, they had really powerful kicks but i remember Bas Ruttens straight being nearly as powerful as the boxer's, who did a one punch knockout and the Ninjutsu guys punch actually would've killed someone and the scientists said it was as powerful as a police shotgun although, you know, without bullets lol.
    So tell me, if the ninja guys are so deadly, why are they not fighting in the UFC? They could earn a lot of money and all they have to do is punch someone one time.
    Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

It wasn't at school it was at his house and It was'nt a charlie horse, i know what they feel like and this actually made it really hard to move, I also saw something saying that was a pressure point for paralysing the arm, kinda in between the shoulder, chest and armpit.
      Tell me, what would you rather do...spend years studying how to use theoretical pressure points, or years studying a martial art that has been shown to work on the battle field and in the cage?
      Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Originally posted by diesel_tke
        So tell me, if the ninja guys are so deadly, why are they not fighting in the UFC? They could earn a lot of money and all they have to do is punch someone one time.
        I don't know probably because you're not allowed to kill people in UFC and MMA and they might be too scared to kill someone, and plus alot of Ninjutsu techniques are for maiming and killing not sport fighting, and they might want to keep their deadly ass moves secret or something. I don't know why, anyway, are you saying the scientists were lying?

Comment

Yeah i did see it, they had really powerful kicks but i remember Bas Ruttens straight being nearly as powerful as the boxer's, who did a one punch knockout and the Ninjutsu guys punch actually would've killed someone and the scientists said it was as powerful as a police shotgun although, you know, without bullets lol.
          In a measurement of VC damage, sure. But a police shotgun firing rubber pellets would do quite a lot more damage if you factor in the size and velocity of the projectile. So that's not really an accurate statement, which is why fight science sucks.

And even if you ignore the unscientific statements they make, they claim that 1.3VC is deadly, and the ninjer only registers at 0.8, so he doesn't quite make it (again, 1.3 is for an average car, so the damage would be much greater due to mass and velocity).

Furthermore, Rutten's kick clocks in at 2.1 VC, which is a hell of a lot more than 0.8. So the ninjer loses. Videos:YouTube - Why not to pick a fight with a ninja.
          YouTube - Fight Science MMA - Bas Rutten Kicks a Crash Test Dummy
          Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

It wasn't at school it was at his house and It was'nt a charlie horse, i know what they feel like and this actually made it really hard to move, I also saw something saying that was a pressure point for paralysing the arm, kinda in between the shoulder, chest and armpit.

*edit* Wait a sec, you said Charlie Horse, Isn't a Charlie Horse a dead leg? you know, to the thigh not the arm?
            There are places to dead-limb people behind the calf, on the side of the leg, around the tops of the pectorals, under the shoulders and in the forearms.

And a charlie horse usually makes it hard to move. I ask what you do at school, because when I was younger we learned all about that through experimenting and being assholes.

Comment

Tell me, what would you rather do...spend years studying how to use theoretical pressure points, or years studying a martial art that has been shown to work on the battle field and in the cage?
              First of all not theoretical, proved by scientists remember? and proven on the battlefield? like this is a serious question, not me being sarcastic when were these sport arts proven on the battlefield? and are you also saying Ninjutsu did not work on the battlefield? I mean, come on it had to, maybe just alot of ninjutsu teachers today are crap or something lol, anyway I'd rather learn a whole unch of traditional martial arts that were developed for war and self defence rather that ones developed taking into account rules and regulations. I'm not saying MMA fighters suck, I mean theyd pwn up in real fights even if they didn't know how to fight cos theyre so damn strong but i just think you cant discount everything else because you have'nt seen it used in the ring under controlled conditions.

Comment

First of all not theoretical, proved by scientists remember? and proven on the battlefield? like this is a serious question, not me being sarcastic when were these sport arts proven on the battlefield? and are you also saying Ninjutsu did not work on the battlefield? I mean, come on it had to, maybe just alot of ninjutsu teachers today are crap or something lol, anyway I'd rather learn a whole unch of traditional martial arts that were developed for war and self defence rather that ones developed taking into account rules and regulations. I'm not saying MMA fighters suck, I mean theyd pwn up in real fights even if they didn't know how to fight cos theyre so damn strong but i just think you cant discount everything else because you have'nt seen it used in the ring under controlled conditions.
                The point isn't to control the situations, it's to pressure test them and prove their worth. Prove it and we'll believe you.

Comment

I don't know probably because you're not allowed to kill people in UFC and MMA and they might be too scared to kill someone, and plus alot of Ninjutsu techniques are for maiming and killing not sport fighting, and they might want to keep their deadly ass moves secret or something. I don't know why, anyway, are you saying the scientists were lying?
                  First of all, who says your not allowed to kill someone in the UFC?

And no, I'm not saying the scientist were lying, I'm saying the "test" was no an actual credible test. And that their conclusions were not valid.

Why would they want to keep their deadly ass moves secret? Maybe because they don't want anyone proving that they don't work.
                  Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus
                    There are places to dead-limb people behind the calf, on the side of the leg, around the tops of the pectorals, under the shoulders and in the forearms.

And a charlie horse usually makes it hard to move. I ask what you do at school, because when I was younger we learned all about that through experimenting and being assholes.
                    Oh alright, i get it now. Yeah i know you can get it to the calves and stuff but this didn't feel like a dead leg normally if I get a dead leg it makes it hard to move and it aches, this didn't ache I just couldn't move it properly. It was heaps different from a dead leg.

Comment

First of all, who says your not allowed to kill someone in the UFC?

And no, I'm not saying the scientist were lying, I'm saying the "test" was no an actual credible test. And that their conclusions were not valid.

Why would they want to keep their deadly ass moves secret? Maybe because they don't want anyone proving that they don't work.
                      Are you allowed to kill people in the UFC? like knowingly? I mean if they sign death waivers that's like for accidental deaths right? and why was the conclusion not valid? it was a pressure sensor on the chest of a crash test dummy and the punch was as powerful as a police shotgun, would that not kill you? And also are you saying that mixed martial arts developed over like, what, 30 years? are far superior to everything else developed over hundreds of years of warfare without refs and gloves?

Comment

When were they proven on the battle field? Ever looked into the origins of Muy Thai? That's what it was developed for, used for, and how it was proven.

And ninjitsu wasn't developed for war or self defense. It was developed to be a bunch of sneaky, coward, assassins that stab in the back. You don't have to train very hard to stab someone in the dark.
                        Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus
                          In a measurement of VC damage, sure. But a police shotgun firing rubber pellets would do quite a lot more damage if you factor in the size and velocity of the projectile. So that's not really an accurate statement, which is why fight science sucks.

And even if you ignore the unscientific statements they make, they claim that 1.3VC is deadly, and the ninjer only registers at 0.8, so he doesn't quite make it (again, 1.3 is for an average car, so the damage would be much greater due to mass and velocity).

Furthermore, Rutten's kick clocks in at 2.1 VC, which is a hell of a lot more than 0.8. So the ninjer loses. Videos:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tMOTWHnd9X0
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QGjPnLjvvrs

I will not allow the ninjer to ignore this post.

Comment

Are you allowed to kill people in the UFC? like knowingly? I mean if they sign death waivers that's like for accidental deaths right? and why was the conclusion not valid? it was a pressure sensor on the chest of a crash test dummy and the punch was as powerful as a police shotgun, would that not kill you? And also are you saying that mixed martial arts developed over like, what, 30 years? are far superior to everything else developed over hundreds of years of warfare without refs and gloves?
                            I guess you have never been in a real fight. That is pretty clear. And yes I'm saying that MMA is far superior to a lot of the bullshit that has been taught for 1000 years.
                            Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

When were they proven on the battle field? Ever looked into the origins of Muy Thai? That's what it was developed for, used for, and how it was proven.

And ninjitsu wasn't developed for war or self defense. It was developed to be a bunch of sneaky, coward, assassins that stab in the back. You don't have to train very hard to stab someone in the dark.
                              Yeah i read up on Muay Thai and know that's how it was developed, but i was talking like on a whole, that was how alot of traditional martial arts were developed, and stabbing someone in the dark? that could have well been a technique used by ninjas, I was just assuming when we say Ninjutsu, we're talking about Taijutsu and the actual combat not disappearing and special ops type shit.

Comment

Yeah i read up on Muay Thai and know that's how it was developed, but i was talking like on a whole, that was how alot of traditional martial arts were developed, and stabbing someone in the dark? that could have well been a technique used by ninjas, I was just assuming when we say Ninjutsu, we're talking about Taijutsu and the actual combat not disappearing and special ops type shit.
                                Well, how about we clear that up and talk about what we are talking about. Not talking about something and assuming people understand that we are talking about other stuff.

And screw Taijutsu too.
                                Combatives training log.

Drum thread

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X