Fighting - the movie

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fighting - the movie

Just found it. I don't know if its posted already, but you could imagine how many search results I get when I type 'fighting' and 'movie'.

Anyway, it looks chuck full of cliches. Poor kid with aggression problems.... gets discovered by underground fight organizers.... does well... gets chance to be rich.... Theres a girl in there somewhere....

Looks like something I'll wait for the dvd for, but here it is for your review:

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/dor/ob...T1_122908.html

GLADIATOR (not the Crowe one) for the 00's.

Still looks like it will be entertaining. Can't be worse than Never back Down. Can it!?!?!?!
    ______
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu Zhi Dong Fang Bu Bai (Laughing Proud Warrior Invincible Asia) Dark Emperor of Baji!!!

RIP SOLDIER

Didn't anyone ever tell him a fat man could never be a ninja
    -Gene, GODHAND

You can't practice Judo just to win a Judo Match! You practice so that no matter what happens, you can win using Judo!
    The key to fighting two men at once is to be much tougher than both of them.
    -Daniel Tosh

Comment

I liked the Crowe one.

Comment

Fifteen minutes of decent fighting spread between an hour and twenty minutes of piss poor writing utterly soaked in stupid cliche ; Or, in short, a good movie to get really drunk and watch with friends.

Emphasis on really.

Comment

The trailer shows Cung Le as having some part in the movie. There was a short clip of him taking down someone with a crab scissor takedown.

Comment

The title is so lame. It's like if Days of Thunder was called "Driving"

Comment

"You must have a crush on ChickenBeakFist, don't you? Go do some pushups or something."
              www.childsplaycharity.org

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenBeakFist
                Or if Never Back Down was called "Fighting". Oh wait...

Comment

Originally posted by ChickenBeakFist
                  They did make Driven.

Comment

Shouldn't you guys all be really happy about never back down on the basis that it's karate kid with all the stupid "train using nothing but kata and without sparring then beat people who spar hard on a daily basis" crap taken out and hard training in it's place?

Comment

The amount of fight highlights I've watched with that fort minor song used as music and again I hear it in the trailer to that movie. It does kind of look a bit like the cuba goodin jr gladiators but a lot more sloppy and tastless, I might get this when it comes out here as a rental, maybe the end of this year? lol

Comment

Originally posted by This is Sparta!
                        "You must have a crush on ChickenBeakFist, don't you? Go do some pushups or something."
                        You have no idea how many times I've seen that.

Comment

Looks OK to me. Will be better than some of the BS that I've seen lately.
                          Combatives training log.

Gezere: paraphrase from Bas Rutten, Never escalate the level of violence in fight you are losing. :D

Drum thread

Pavel Tsatsouline: kettlebell workouts give you “cardio without the dishonour of aerobics”.

"Disliking someone is not evidence of wrongdoing or malfeasance or even bias." --Dung Beatles

Comment

Last edited by han090; 1/11/2009 10:34am, .

Comment

the fighting looks like shit... and the whole plot would be cut to shreds (literally) as soon as someone got pissed and brought a knife or gun to a fight
                              In summation your argument denotes a lack of intellectual honesty on your part. It is my contention that this matter would best be solved with fisticuffs. I believe I will be victorious in this regard.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X