Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pride Before a Fall...

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Pride Before a Fall...

    So my training has been going really well. I've lost weight, I feel fit, and my sparring is coming along. I feel better than I've done for years, and full of confidence, was pumped to hear that the NYS Golden Gloves has introduced a Master's division, which I of course fantasised about winning. Hell, on Thursday, I even chased a dude down the street who gave me the finger for parking.

    Today, I go to the gym ready to demonstrate my ever-improving ring generalship, glove up and get in, and BAM!, 20 seconds later, KTFO. Everything went dark olive green and the next thing I know they're all standing over me, shitting themselves because they think they've killed the professor.

    The punch wasn't actually that vicious, it's just that I walked into a straight with my hands miles from my face. I actually kind of ran into his fist with my nose, so with his weight transference and mine it all added up to a hefty smack.

    It hurt like fuck, but fortunately, there's nothing broken, and the fact that I can even write this tells me that I'm fine. It was embarrassing more than anything, and when I told my wife, and she had a go at me - what do you think you're doing, you're 20 years older than those guys, you have kids and responsibilities, what are we supposed to do if you get yourself brain-damaged, etc., etc.

    So today I learned two very important things: 1. don't be overcome by your idiot daydreams; and 2. always keep yo frickin' hands up.

    #2
    And 3. Tell your S.O. you "tripped and fell" when she asks why your nose is 3x it's normal size.

    Comment


      #3
      Well, you learned your lesson, but next time be sure to videotape it and post it here so we can all laugh at you.

      Comment


        #4
        I was going to write "keep your chin up", but, that will not help in this instance. You know what to do, get up and get back to training. You can still win the Golden Gloves, do you think you're the first guy to get KTFO? Nope. I rolled today, and got destroyed (I think Quincy Rice bruised my kidney). I loved every freakin minute of it, going back monday. glf, keep your dreams alive, and write a thread were you kick ass at the Golden Gloves.

        ps Never tell your wife about the bad stuff in training, only the good stuff. That's what I do.

        Comment


          #5
          Dude, you never tell the wife/mother about your training injuries.

          "what teh fuck happened to your arm"

          "Uh, slept on it wrong, mom"

          "WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED TO YOUR EYE"

          "Walked into the door, someone opened it up in the middle of the night..."

          PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
          http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


          Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
          3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

          Originally posted by sochin101
          I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
          That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
          Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
          I agree with moosey

          Comment


            #6
            even having an understanding GF can suck. i had one. she knew me well before we were involved, so she knew about me constantly getting pounded at training.

            eventually, she gets used to you being battered and bruised.

            so when you're like, "no... i don't want to [insert anything], i'm too beat from training."

            "what else is new? you always get beat up. so stop using it as an excuse! you're used to it by now. we're going to see the musical!"

            then, it's like she just expects you to be made of stone.

            "how are you honey?"

            "eh... a little down, got my nose busted today"

            "stop crying."

            Comment


              #7
              Ronaldk's gf for bad ass of the month.

              PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


              Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
              3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

              Originally posted by sochin101
              I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
              That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
              Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
              I agree with moosey

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by ronaldk
                "what else is new? you always get beat up. so stop using it as an excuse! you're used to it by now. we're going to see the musical!"

                then, it's like she just expects you to be made of stone.

                "how are you honey?"

                "eh... a little down, got my nose busted today"

                "stop crying."
                I'm not even allowed to mention injuries incurred during training anymore.
                Shut the hell up and train.

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by ronaldk
                  so when you're like, "no... i don't want to insert anything, i'm too beat from training."
                  Fixed that for you. You had some pesky brackets in there.

                  Comment


                    #10
                    So the only thing more bad ass then a trained fighter is a trained fighter's woman?

                    PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                    http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


                    Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                    3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

                    Originally posted by sochin101
                    I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                    That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                    Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                    I agree with moosey

                    Comment


                      #11
                      Originally posted by ronaldk
                      even having an understanding GF can suck. i had one. she knew me well before we were involved, so she knew about me constantly getting pounded at training.

                      eventually, she gets used to you being battered and bruised.

                      so when you're like, "no... i don't want to [insert anything], i'm too beat from training."

                      "what else is new? you always get beat up. so stop using it as an excuse! you're used to it by now. we're going to see the musical!"

                      then, it's like she just expects you to be made of stone.

                      "how are you honey?"

                      "eh... a little down, got my nose busted today"

                      "stop crying."
                      Those brackets (parentheses?) completely change the meaning of that sentence.

                      Comment


                        #12
                        Shit! KFC beat me to it. Back to lurking.

                        Comment


                          #13
                          Women don't always get pissed about your injuries. You're rarely going to get any backtalk from "I hurt my back, you mind being on top?"

                          Comment


                            #14
                            Hell most of us have been there haven't we? I remember coming home from my first Kyokushin Tournament (before I took Kyokushin mind you) and going "not tonight honey I'm fairly beat up"

                            gf - "aww really? I missed you"

                            me - "takes off shirt to show injuries"

                            gf - "Oh GOD! OH GOD! OH GOD!!!"

                            Comment


                              #15
                              She didn't realize the size of your moobs?

                              PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
                              http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58


                              Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
                              3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

                              Originally posted by sochin101
                              I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
                              That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
                              Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
                              I agree with moosey

                              Comment

                              Collapse

                              Edit this module to specify a template to display.

                              Working...
                              X