Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most retarded arguments you've ever seen/heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• marcusdbrutus
    replied
    Originally posted by battlefields
    This guy once said to me, "I'll kick your ass!" I disagreed with a number of punches to his nose. The guy's comeback was the most retarded argument I have ever heard.

Leave a comment:

• marcusdbrutus
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr Clean
    I think your answer to the second works for both. If you are going up against multiple opponents or if your opponent has a weapon, your best bet is just to turn around and run.
    You misread, the scenario he was describing involves your opponent BEING a weapon. And he said you could hack it, as long as you train with weapons alively.

In other words, grammatical fail on his part.

Leave a comment:

• Mr Clean
    replied
    Originally posted by PRC4Eva
    Multiple opponents: If you can't take one guy, how're you going to expect to take on multiple?
    Weapons: Going empty-handed against someone is a weapon is asking to get killed. Not to mention TMA places generally don't train weapons alively, but I could be wrong (how's kendo or fencing?).
    I think your answer to the second works for both. If you are going up against multiple opponents or if your opponent has a weapon, your best bet is just to turn around and run.

Leave a comment:

• 3moose1
    replied
    Dude, i turned him red with ONE neg rep.

i am awesome.

Leave a comment:

• DKJr
    replied
    Originally posted by battlefields
    This guy once said to me, "I'll kick your ass!" I disagreed with a number of punches to his nose. The guy's comeback was the most retarded argument I have ever heard.

YouTube - facepalm

Leave a comment:

• battlefields
    replied

Leave a comment:

• PRC4Eva
    replied
    To balance Bacon and Rask:
    I think you can tell by my screen name whose side I support in regards to that particular matter. IMO, while there's no inherent reason why a system that works for 20 million people wouldn't work for 1.3 billion, there *are* many reasons why that system wouldn't work for those 1.3 billion people now.

In related news, I just challenged one of the traditionalist nuthuggers to fight. Set a date for next year, since I'm planning to do a study abroad there around that time. Not too worried, since I highly doubt any of them will step up. Even if they do, I'll be adding BJJ to the style field when school starts up, so I'll have a year of that under my belt by then, and they belong to the camp that derides San Da for being the "fast food" to TMA's gourmet.

Leave a comment:

• Cy Q. Faunce
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacon Dispenser
    Whats worse than that is Australian people who think that a political system which works for a country of 20 million people will work for a country of 1.3 billion people. Keep it on topic and stop acting so superior.
    Your argument is very topical for this thread.

Your advice about acting superior is also very good; sadly, I'd violate it if I told you to follow it yourself. So I won't.

Man, is my conscience clear!

Leave a comment:

• MrGalt
    replied
    LOL Australians.

Leave a comment:

• Sang
    replied
    Originally posted by Rask
    What's worse is trying to argue with Chinese people about their government. They take downright offense at the suggestion that Uighurs and Tibetans deserve human rights, or that peaceful protesting should be allowed, or that democracy is a good thing.
    Whats worse than that is Australian people who think that a political system which works for a country of 20 million people will work for a country of 1.3 billion people. Keep it on topic and stop acting so superior.

Leave a comment:

• Rask
    replied
    Arguing with Chinese people on Chinese forums is hilarious. In addition to the various traditional arguments y'all've probably heard a million times, there's also the "you dare doubt the effectiveness of our cultural heritage? Shame on you! Dishonah! Dishonah!" Although, to be fair, it's only a minority that think that. And the two prominent ones are being owned by me and three others, one of whom have attitudes similar to the founder of this website, one of whom does alive TCMA, and one of whom just watches a lot of MMA and combat sports.

Suppose I should look on the bright side, though. Ever since Art of War (China's MMA promotion) started, the martial art forums in China got a lot less retarded.
    What's worse is trying to argue with Chinese people about their government. They take downright offense at the suggestion that Uighurs and Tibetans deserve human rights, or that peaceful protesting should be allowed, or that democracy is a good thing.

Leave a comment:

• twKoxinga
    replied
    MMA Circuits popping up all over Asia (besides japan, where it was already popular) are a great thing in terms of educating people in what real fighting looks like.

That is, if you can get legit (decent) fighters with training and interest in the sport (involve locals).

Leave a comment:

• PRC4Eva
    replied
    Arguing with Chinese people on Chinese forums is hilarious. In addition to the various traditional arguments y'all've probably heard a million times, there's also the "you dare doubt the effectiveness of our cultural heritage? Shame on you! Dishonah! Dishonah!" Although, to be fair, it's only a minority that think that. And the two prominent ones are being owned by me and three others, one of whom have attitudes similar to the founder of this website, one of whom does alive TCMA, and one of whom just watches a lot of MMA and combat sports.

Suppose I should look on the bright side, though. Ever since Art of War (China's MMA promotion) started, the martial art forums in China got a lot less retarded.

Leave a comment:

• MrGalt
    replied
    Ah yes. Ever tried baiting them with the "so, all martial arts are equal, right?" followed by "In that case, if it takes you 50 years to get reasonably competent in one art, but only 5 to for another one, which one is better?"
    It's a good bait, but most TMAers I know subscribe to the idea that there's a neverending progression where you start by learning how to bow and if you only study long enough you'll eventually be able to fight off hordes of zombieninjapiraterminators without ever even touching them if not depopulate entire universes with your kamehameha. "Reasonably competent" is never good enough. Real masters are completely untouchable. They never get punched or kicked or grabbed or possibly out of breath, and if any of these things happen to you, you're not a master yet.

Leave a comment:

• SoylentNinja
    replied
    I was told once by a bb that if you use your chi to anchor yourself to the ground that no grappler will be able to pick him up. I promptly tied up his body and picked him with no effort... I mumbled something about him seeming heavier when I put him down. I never went back after that day...

Leave a comment:

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
X