Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most retarded arguments you've ever seen/heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hesperus
    Why the hell haven't you punched him in the face?
    Self control. And lots of it.

I intend to challenge him to a sparring match when the opportunity presents itself. Put it under the guise of "helping me prepare for a tournament" rather than "because I want to prove Aikido's bullsh*t."

Comment

Originally posted by Hesperus
      Why the hell haven't you punched him in the face?
      He does krotty.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU SPINNING BACK JUMP KICKED HIM IN THE FACE?!

PROOF that I'm not a completely useless poster:
      http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...0&postcount=58

Originally posted by Cy Q. Faunce
      3moose1 is correct. Sig THAT, you fucker.

Originally posted by sochin101
      I went out with a delightful young woman who was on a regimen of pills that made her taste of burned onions.
      That is not conducive to passionate cunnilingus, my friend, let me assure you.
      Originally posted by HappyOldGuy
      I agree with moosey

Comment

Originally posted by 3moose1
        He does krotty.

WHY HAVEN'T YOU SPINNING BACK JUMP KICKED HIM IN THE FACE?!

Please. That's far more epic than Aikido deserves.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueKarateKid
          Please. That's far more epic than Aikido deserves.
          Kick him in the cubes to disrupt his chi flow.
          Soon-to-be BJJ sandbagger?

Comment

Originally posted by marcusdbrutus
            Kick him in the cubes to disrupt his chi flow.
            Now that's just mean.

Comment

Originally posted by PRC4Eva
              Now that's just mean.
              It's okay! If he's a true Aikidoka he'll use his chi to read my mind first and then use his chi ball to blow me away!

Comment

I was told once by a bb that if you use your chi to anchor yourself to the ground that no grappler will be able to pick him up. I promptly tied up his body and picked him with no effort... I mumbled something about him seeming heavier when I put him down. I never went back after that day...

Comment

Ah yes. Ever tried baiting them with the "so, all martial arts are equal, right?" followed by "In that case, if it takes you 50 years to get reasonably competent in one art, but only 5 to for another one, which one is better?"
                  It's a good bait, but most TMAers I know subscribe to the idea that there's a neverending progression where you start by learning how to bow and if you only study long enough you'll eventually be able to fight off hordes of zombieninjapiraterminators without ever even touching them if not depopulate entire universes with your kamehameha. "Reasonably competent" is never good enough. Real masters are completely untouchable. They never get punched or kicked or grabbed or possibly out of breath, and if any of these things happen to you, you're not a master yet.
                  It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion, but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.
                  -AkidoMom

Comment

Arguing with Chinese people on Chinese forums is hilarious. In addition to the various traditional arguments y'all've probably heard a million times, there's also the "you dare doubt the effectiveness of our cultural heritage? Shame on you! Dishonah! Dishonah!" Although, to be fair, it's only a minority that think that. And the two prominent ones are being owned by me and three others, one of whom have attitudes similar to the founder of this website, one of whom does alive TCMA, and one of whom just watches a lot of MMA and combat sports.

Suppose I should look on the bright side, though. Ever since Art of War (China's MMA promotion) started, the martial art forums in China got a lot less retarded.

Comment

MMA Circuits popping up all over Asia (besides japan, where it was already popular) are a great thing in terms of educating people in what real fighting looks like.

That is, if you can get legit (decent) fighters with training and interest in the sport (involve locals).

Comment

Arguing with Chinese people on Chinese forums is hilarious. In addition to the various traditional arguments y'all've probably heard a million times, there's also the "you dare doubt the effectiveness of our cultural heritage? Shame on you! Dishonah! Dishonah!" Although, to be fair, it's only a minority that think that. And the two prominent ones are being owned by me and three others, one of whom have attitudes similar to the founder of this website, one of whom does alive TCMA, and one of whom just watches a lot of MMA and combat sports.

Suppose I should look on the bright side, though. Ever since Art of War (China's MMA promotion) started, the martial art forums in China got a lot less retarded.
                        What's worse is trying to argue with Chinese people about their government. They take downright offense at the suggestion that Uighurs and Tibetans deserve human rights, or that peaceful protesting should be allowed, or that democracy is a good thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Rask
                          What's worse is trying to argue with Chinese people about their government. They take downright offense at the suggestion that Uighurs and Tibetans deserve human rights, or that peaceful protesting should be allowed, or that democracy is a good thing.
                          Whats worse than that is Australian people who think that a political system which works for a country of 20 million people will work for a country of 1.3 billion people. Keep it on topic and stop acting so superior.
                          "Boxing is the art of hitting an opponent from the furthest distance away, exposing the least amount of your body while getting into position to punch with maximum leverage and not getting hit."
                          Kenny Weldon

Comment

LOL Australians.
                            It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion, but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.
                            -AkidoMom

Comment

Originally posted by Bacon Dispenser
                              Whats worse than that is Australian people who think that a political system which works for a country of 20 million people will work for a country of 1.3 billion people. Keep it on topic and stop acting so superior.
                              Your argument is very topical for this thread.

Your advice about acting superior is also very good; sadly, I'd violate it if I told you to follow it yourself. So I won't.

Man, is my conscience clear!

Comment

To balance Bacon and Rask:
                                I think you can tell by my screen name whose side I support in regards to that particular matter. IMO, while there's no inherent reason why a system that works for 20 million people wouldn't work for 1.3 billion, there *are* many reasons why that system wouldn't work for those 1.3 billion people now.

In related news, I just challenged one of the traditionalist nuthuggers to fight. Set a date for next year, since I'm planning to do a study abroad there around that time. Not too worried, since I highly doubt any of them will step up. Even if they do, I'll be adding BJJ to the style field when school starts up, so I'll have a year of that under my belt by then, and they belong to the camp that derides San Da for being the "fast food" to TMA's gourmet.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X