Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Most retarded arguments you've ever seen/heard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Don't Shoot Me Santa
    ...well, shit. Toby's banninated.

Hmm, just curious, but was Toby banned from Sociocide as well? If not, we can look forward to plenty more whining a la tharuz.

Comment

Originally posted by Hog Father
      Hmm, just curious, but was Toby banned from Sociocide as well?
      At this writing, he's Sociocide.

Originally posted by Hog Father
      If not, we can look forward to plenty more whining a la tharuz.
      It'll probably be even worse, since Toby did not request this ban.

Comment

Jesus Helen Christ! I'm gone for one day and Toby fills the thread with 10 pages of...well, the thread topic I assume. Hmm, amazing. Through all the bitching going around, he technically stayed on topic.

Comment

Yes, Toby is in fact the most retarded argument we've ever heard.
          It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion, but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.
          -AkidoMom

Comment

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...7&postcount=32

"Did anyone see fight science on discovery channel? They tested a whole bunch of martial arts and The Ninjutsu guy did a death punch and pressure point stuff and all the pressure point stuff was scientifically proven".

Comment

Traditionalist at being told that this stance is not good for a fight because it's basically asking to get hit in the head:

"Oh yeah? Well the overemphasis on defending the head you see in foreign (non-Chinese) martial arts leaves your body open."

Comment

That's right man. The body is all squishy and stuff and covered by deadly pressure points whereas the head is already protected by all that bone. It's obvious which one you need to protect.
                It seems to me that the Sanjuriu Martial Art is not in guestion, but, rather the character of Mr. Galt.
                -AkidoMom

Comment

I'm actually waiting for a response from a guy who said:

"Now, you must also keep in mind the difference between fighting and sparring. MMA being sparring, plucking someones eye out being fighting. So please don't bother bringing up a point as stupid and irrelevant as " A shaolin monk wouldn't last 2 seconds in the octagon." Because, they wouldn't, because there are rules in the octagon, not when your protecting yourself and others from actual harm, which is what Shaolin has done and still does today!"

Comment

Back on topic, I have a guy on MAP who is trying to argue that age is completely irrelevant to your performance in martial arts, and hangs his hat on the proposition that Bill "Superfoot" Wallace is just as strong and fast as ever, which includes being stronger and faster than most younger fighters, all things being equal.

I remember reading an article about Mr. Wallace a few years ago wherein he said golf was more his speed these days, but meh.

From the same guy in the same thread, I got the old "I started TKD at the age of 4. I'm 25 now. I've been doing TKD for 21 years, but I still don't "know" TKD. I'm still a beginner in my eyes, and I figure at this rate I'll probably make intermediate level of understanding by the time I'm 80."
                    -AkidoMom

Comment

Ah yes. Ever tried baiting them with the "so, all martial arts are equal, right?" followed by "In that case, if it takes you 50 years to get reasonably competent in one art, but only 5 to for another one, which one is better?"

Comment

Also, I've taken to re-naming the "No True Scotsman" fallacy the "No True Kung Fu Master" fallacy for obvious reasons.

Comment

If we're on this topic, my friend does Aikido, and claims it is the "ultimate martial art" has no weaknesses (Me: "What if you're taken to the ground" Friend: "I won't get taken to the ground"). And he honestly believes that he could fight off an infinite number of opponents with Aikido. I remember a looooonnng argument on that one that ended with him still believing this bullsh*t. And still does.

Comment

I stopped bothering to argue with Aikido practitioners a long time ago; The only way most of them will learn is the hard way; and upon suggesting said learning method they seem to use the 'too deadly' argument or something similar to get out of it.

Comment

Tai Chi is better than kickboxing because you can break your hands punching when you get old.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueKarateKid
                                If we're on this topic, my friend does Aikido, and claims it is the "ultimate martial art" has no weaknesses (Me: "What if you're taken to the ground" Friend: "I won't get taken to the ground"). And he honestly believes that he could fight off an infinite number of opponents with Aikido. I remember a looooonnng argument on that one that ended with him still believing this bullsh*t. And still does.
                                Why the hell haven't you punched him in the face?

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X