Frank Mir speaks his mind on TUF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Frank Mir speaks his mind on TUF

Here you go guys. Frank Mir discussing what happened on TUF, and describing how things go down. I'm typing more so I qualify for thread content. Interesting stuff I gained some more respect for Mir.

http://www.cagetoday.com/frank-mir-r...unie-browning/
    Last edited by DKJr; 12/11/2008 7:32pm, .

Banplz

Edit: I've been saying it for a while: they misrepresented Mir on the show.
    Last edited by Kentucky Fried Chokin; 12/11/2008 7:39pm, .

Comment

I know LOTS of people who need to see this.

Comment

I didn't hear him explain away "I'm 200x the athlete he is", but he is less of an ass now.

Comment

Good find. I've always had a lot of respect for Mir and I'm glad he used this forum to speak up both about how he was portrayed and how the fighters were often misrepresented.

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Strap
            I didn't hear him explain away "I'm 200x the athlete he is", but he is less of an ass now.
            Yeah, I was hoping he'd explain that he was joking about the 'they'll never be studs like me' comment.

Comment

That is why I love Frank Mir.

Comment

Awesome. I'm really glad to hear someone involved in the show admit that it's designed to induce fuckery amongst the contestants.
                The fool thinks himself immortal,
                If he hold back from battle;
                But old age will grant him no truce,
                Even if spears spare him.

Comment

I like Frank Mir, I think they know that Nog is going to beat him so they made him a bit of a heal

Comment

Originally posted by Kentucky Fried Chokin
                    Yeah, I was hoping he'd explain that he was joking about the 'they'll never be studs like me' comment.

Even decent people can fuck up on cameras :tongue2:
                    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Originally posted by Teh El Macho
                      Even decent people can fuck up on cameras :tongue2:

But that doesn't explain why frank mir fucked up....

Comment

Push ups for you sir.

Comment

I'm really whiny so the whole rant about how Frank is not a cheerleader and people need to have self-motivation really struck a point.

Comment

I think he disrespects some of the TUF fighters when he said they were a bunch of losers who would never be studs like him.

Comment

Ummm, cuz it's human nature to have a moment of prejudice or insecurity, and cuz no one can guarantee to use the best judgment in every situation? Just sayin' dude
                              Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X