Taido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taido

Ok guys. This is my first post so have mercy on my soul.

I was watching at youtube when i came across Taido

The indeginous art of making an acrobatic move before you attack. It came to my senses that this is pure bollocks.

I let this video speak my words: YouTube - Vantaan Taido

Look at them practising the shit, the dude spins around preparing for the kick of destruction, half way through teh spin the other guy have moved and the kicker kicks to nothing. These guys can really read the opponent 360x3 spin!

I mean no hate to the Taido guys out there anyway...

Taido is a combat sport/game and a recreational exercise system; it's not really intended as practical self defense. It could be compared to capoeira in that the object of the game is to win within rules that encourage difficult, flamboyant techniques, which is really no more arbitrary than any other combat rule-set, such as boxing only allowing punching attacks above the belt, etc.

When played by experts, the matches can be spectacular:

YouTube - Taido - Veteran (over 45 yrs) fight

Comment

Art of jumping around in my opinion, but now that you've told me it's like capoiera i understand ^^

Comment

Full contact Taido would be kind of bad ass.

Comment

LOL, SERCH FUNKSHUN NOOB.

(i just wanted to say that)

Comment

*Looks at your style field* Whats the saying? People in glass houses shouldn't insult other martial arts when theirs sucks?

Comment

I dont give a flying ef you see kay if my style sucks and i find it fun to look up cool styles.

Anyway, Taido, do they got some internal chi stuff too other than that acrobatic jumping bottom kicking?

Comment

WOULD YOU LIKE SOME ICE, BECAUSE YOU JUST GOT BURNED.

Comment

HAHA YOU FUCKING STUPID NOOB YOU SHOULD HAVE CREATED AN INTRO THREAD AND NOT THIS PEICE OF SHIT YOU FUCKING RETARD!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Comment

Your mom does Taido.

Comment

hahaha, welcome to Bullshido...hope you have a thick skin!

Comment

Originally posted by Taco Strap
                        Full contact Taido would be kind of bad ass.
                        This was my thoughts exactly. This seems like something I would want to someday crosstrain in. Would make for some cool sweeps.

Comment

looks puurty

Comment

Originally posted by Poon Knight
                            Your mom does Taido.
                            YOU GOT SERVED!!!!!!!!!1one

Comment

Originally posted by DdlR
                              Taido is a combat sport/game and a recreational exercise system; it's not really intended as practical self defense. It could be compared to capoeira in that the object of the game is to win within rules that encourage difficult, flamboyant techniques, which is really no more arbitrary than any other combat rule-set, such as boxing only allowing punching attacks above the belt, etc.

When played by experts, the matches can be spectacular:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXnh5srahVY
                              It looks really cool I admit, but I'm not willing to agree that boxing is just as arbitrary with its mostly safety-based rules. This martial is exactly Japanese capoeira. Except capoeira still looks better.

But like most martial arts except for the few alive ones, they're practicing a folk dance whose movements superficially resemble those used in fighting. You can't tell me that they don't start thinking, "Yeah, but if I DID hit somebody with this, I'd totally do some damage," then a few years later start thinking that surely after such practice, hitting somebody with their crazy techniques is actually pretty likely, especially against the legendary drunk, out of shape, borderline mentally handicapped assailant that all aikidoka train to defend themselves against...

In this way the LARP descends into full-blown self-delusion. I expect any day now for a hardcore Taido stylist to wander in here and declare that the true usefulness of its techniques are only masked by the acrobatics and that furthermore a Taido master could totally win the UFC or at least K-1 if only he weren't a). too deadly to compete and b). a man of peace.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X