How many fights go to the ground?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How many fights go to the ground?

We have always heard that 90% to 95% of fights go to the ground...I found this research study to try and prove that point:

http://jiujitsu365.wordpress.com/200...h-i-conducted/

Pretty interesting results that I don't think would shock any of us.

Surch funkshun newb.

:)

Comment

For those who don't wish to read through that, I think over 300 fightsw analysed they came up with:

42% both go to the ground
      72% 1 goes to the groun (which is no surprise for anyone that has smacked someone else in the face with their fist)

I recently argued with some tard on YouTube about his claim that 95% of fights go to the ground, I told him that no such statistic exists and that he's pretty much an idiot for saying such a thing.

Also Oldman34 ... dude that avatar is soooooooooooo bad.

Comment

[quote=Southpaw]We have always heard that 90% to 95% of fights go to the ground...I found this research study to try and prove that point:

Sorry, double post.
        Last edited by Sharkonis; 12/09/2008 8:43pm, .

Comment

Since I am lazy and only glazed at the study, where did he get his data from? (Street fights is a little big vague)

Funny, today my MT coach told us that over 80% of the fights go to the ground... He then went on to show some MT boran techniques for that scenario, interesting stuff.

Comment

[quote=Southpaw]We have always heard that 90% to 95% of fights go to the ground...I found this research study to try and prove that point:

Pretty interesting results that I don't think would shock any of us.[/quote

While I have always known and agreed to this fact not fiction, I think your point would have been better received had it come from a more objective source or sight and not some nut riding Jiu Jitsu site.

Sharkonis

Comment

Perhaps the numbers vary by location.

There are a lot of wrestlers here in the US.

From what I've seen with my own eyes over the years, more often than not, both go to the ground if the fight lasts any time at all.

Comment

100% of street fights starts from standing

true fact

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe

true fact
                  Can you back this up with a study?

Comment

Goju - Joe: What if some guy is sitting down running his mouth and another comes up and smacks him in the head?

Comment

Originally posted by Goju - Joe

true fact
                      Is kicking a hobo who is sitting or laying on the ground a street fight?

Comment

I wanna know the stats for fights that move into the clinch range.

Comment

the bar/street fights i have been in went like this.

we both were on our feet.
                          then the bouncers broke us up.
                          then we weren't fighting anymore.

i have had 2 fights go to the ground. one turned into my ground and pound. the dude got bloodied up and i walked away. the other one, the sidewalk was icy, i wound up pulling a gaurd and armbared him. it wouldnt have been on the ground except he punched me and both of us lost our footing on the ice.

oh, and while only about 10% of my fights went to the ground 100% started when i was drinking jeagermeister.

Comment

I got in a fight once in the back of my friend's car.

Technically, it was a street fight. It wasn't standing until my friend threatened to break a beer bottle over our heads if we didn't "take it outside".

Side note - it ended up on the ground.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharkonis

While I have always known and agreed to this fact not fiction, I think your point would have been better received had it come from a more objective source or sight and not some nut riding Jiu Jitsu site.

Sharkonis
                              Ha. Agreed.

But in all honesty given the data available on the subject his methodology wasn't half-bad.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X