Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrestling match recap...

Hi all,

Yesterday, after a long time, I came back together with my youthgroup,lads of about 18 years that I take care of since their elemental school days.
    :love7:Love them like my own flesh and blood.

Now, of course, after like a month of pause, some scores had to be set and true manhood to be proved, and our meeting quickly turned into a good-natured wrestling match,
    where the little ones tossed me around like a tennis ball.

In the end, I won the two serious/more intense matches,
    the first with a guillotine choke from the ground, and the second one with a kami shiho gatame (sp?).

Now, since I have not done any groundwork in years, I'd like to ask how you would have acted in the following situations, so next time I can react better than I did:

1. Opponent has me on the ground, right knee on my arm, right hand holding my left hand, left knee on my chest, left hand going for my throat. Classic knee-on-stomach position. My solution: Block left hand, pull him down, go for RNC.

2. Opponent lifts me up while I try to go for armlock (yeah, my boys there are strong) and tries to bodyslam me. My solution: I go for (failing correct word) neck triangle choke, but fail, we both go down, I go for guillotine.

3. Opponent again in KOS position over me, I breathing hard, have to go for quick solution: Go for armlock, fail, but manage to pull him off me, then go for hip throw.

4. Another situation: I go for hip throw, opponent overruns me and pushes me away.
    My solution: I go for armlock.

Was a very nice experience to roll a bit again. As I said, haven't done it for years, and definitely miss the groundfighting in my Chun.

No idea if that is enough for you to give me some hints what I could have done better.
    Anyway, I see I have to do some groundfighting again, because I really lacked the security of earlier years yesterday...

Wuff, the youngsters beat the shit out of me!:5propelle

Yours,

Rafe
    www.childsplaycharity.org

[quote=This is Sparta!]

1. Opponent has me on the ground, right knee on my arm, right hand holding my left hand, left knee on my chest, left hand going for my throat. Classic knee-on-stomach position. My solution: Block left hand, pull him down, go for RNC.

*** if i understand positon properly i'd try a knee elbow escape.

2. Opponent lifts me up while I try to go for armlock (yeah, my boys there are strong) and tries to bodyslam me. My solution: I go for (failing correct word) neck triangle choke, but fail, we both go down, I go for guillotine.

*** if he's already capable of bodyslam you should try to react sooner, tripod sweep for example.

3. Opponent again in KOS position over me, I breathing hard, have to go for quick solution: Go for armlock, fail, but manage to pull him off me, then go for hip throw.

KOS=knee on stomach right? i usually sit it out and catch opponent in transition.

4. Another situation: I go for hip throw, opponent overruns me and pushes me away.
    My solution: I go for armlock.
    ** too vague of a description.
    What kinda armlock?
    straight? bend?

Comment

Thank you very much! :-)

1. - Check. Will train that.

2. - Check. HAVE to train that. In that moment,
      I really had no manner of avoiding him trying to pull me up.

3. KOS = Knee-On-Stomach, indeed. I would have liked to sit it out, but the kid landed on me like a rock and pressed all air out of my lungs. If this had been a serious fight, I'd simply tried to punch him out, but in this case, I had to endure.

4. Ok, then a bit more in detail: My opponent tried to grabb me around the hip for a takedown (whatever... those kids are no fighters :icon_bigs) , I blocked his right hand and went for an aikido-like throw. However, I jumped and plunged into me, breaking my balance and pushing me against the wall. I, however, managed to keep my grip on his right wrist, turned around and got him back on the ground with something similar to the ude gatame.

BTW, I found this while looking for the English terms of the different locks:

http://www.expertvillage.com/expert/474.htm

Can't really comment on how effective/well done this is, but is more comprehensible to me untrained roller than most internet videos I have seen so far. Seems very old-fashioned to me, though.
      Last edited by Hiro Protagonist; 12/06/2008 2:28pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by This is Sparta!
        Thank you very much! :-)

1. - Check. Will train that.

2. - Check. HAVE to train that. In that moment,
        I really had no manner of avoiding him trying to pull me up.
        just make sure you're attatched to opponent so he hopefully can't lift and slam you.
        by the time he's able to begin to lift you, you can stall him or even stop him, but you'll still be in a shitty position, you better ask someone with a blue or purple belt bjj about this.

3. KOS = Knee-On-Stomach, indeed. I would have liked to sit it out, but the kid landed on me like a rock and pressed all air out of my lungs. If this had been a serious fight, I'd simply tried to punch him out,
        LOLwut?

4. Ok, then a bit more in detail: My opponent tried to grabb me around the hip for a takedown (whatever... those kids are no fighters :icon_bigs) , I blocked his right hand and went for an aikido-like throw. However, I jumped and plunged into me, breaking my balance and pushing me against the wall. I, however, managed to keep my grip on his right wrist, turned around and got him back on the ground with something similar to the ude gatame.
        how do pummeling.
        how do underhook.

Comment

Wow, totally forgot about this thread.

A belated, but big "Thank you!", Lebell! :-)

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
          X