Boston Antifa. A case study of modern liberal extremism;

or hilarious troll:

Comment

Originally posted by cualltaigh View Post

Or, fake news.

You think Evil Balki is real, too?

How do you feel about this case study?

Why do you get your information from Youtube? No Youtube video is trustworthy. "Check out this ____ video". Nah, thx.

Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/07/2017 10:37pm, .

Comment

Originally posted by Pship Destroyer View Post
          Or, fake news.
          My option no.2 was better, you should go back and read it. Also, How would that be news? (fake or real)?

You think Evil Balki is real, too?
          Nevermind. Are you drunk?

How do you feel about this case study?
          I'll take that as a yes.

Why do you get your information from Youtube?
          Why do you beg the question?

No Youtube video is trustworthy.
          Thanks for the the tip dad. But it's alright if I give them my credit card details, right? You know, for age verification?

"Check out this ____ video". Nah, thx.

Comment

My option no.2 was better, you should go back and read it. Also, How would that be news? (fake or real)?
            No, your option was fake.

Fine..don't answer my questions.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake View Post
              This video is fucking fantastic.
              Yes, she's brilliant. Day job: waitress.

Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
              Luta Livre flees the fight,
              Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
              Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Relevant enough to post.

or hilarious troll:

I follow that antifa account and I'm pretty sure it's a parody. But you never know these days.

Comment

This site was founded in conditions extremely similar to Gamergate: woman get's criticized for unprofessionally sexualizing people's hobby; woman goes and runs to mods of big sites and gets all discussion of the topic squashed; movement dedicated to free speech coalesces around fledgling site.

Originally posted by Phrost
                  Sometime in 2001 I stumbled on the Abu Dhabi Combat Club forums. They were one of the few MMA/MA sites at the time and so I lurked for a while before joining in and posting, mostly on off-topic stuff.

Then in May of 2002 someone dug up a website run by this pervert detailing stories of his encounters with muscular women he paid to physically dominate him. One of these women was a professional fighter, and in the discussion thread there was a link to a story about how this fighter had been paid to “wrestle” the man in a hotel room and the gratification he got from it. To be clear though, it wasn’t a case of prostitution or anything, the guy just liked being handled roughly by burly chicks.

However, it was still a minor scandal and there was a good bit of scorn directed at her in that thread for it. More details were coming to light about it when an administrator from Sherdog (Tanner, I believe) posted on the thread requesting everyone just drop the subject. It seems he was a friend of hers and was trying to cover things up. Well since the ADCC forum was fairly unmoderated, they essentially blew him off. So he resorted to going up the chain and getting the thread deleted by the absentee moderators.

This pissed many of us off. It was a blatant cover-up of something that people wanted to discuss and shine some light on. We were indignant that someone would remove the discussion posts we’d created on the subject simply out of a fear of someone having to face criticism for their actions. Personally, I didn’t care so much about the activities she engaged in; what consenting adults do behind closed doors is their business, even if the guy in question did seem to be a creep and the whole thing a bit trashy. What outraged me, and a handful of other people, was the censorship.

So in response, I put together a website, McDojo.com, and a set of forums where those of us who wanted to discuss the BS in the martial arts could do so without interference, on our own terms. The site first featured humorous articles, mostly by “I Choke You” (a Canadian catch wrestler/MMA fighter), poking fun at various dubious persons of the time including Matt Furey and Robert Ferguson. Things were going well and we started to take on more members, reaching a few thousand by the end of that summer. Then the Intellectual Property department of the McDonald’s corporation got wind of our little site and long story short, we needed a new name.

I ran a few ideas by the staff and chose “Bullshido”. I’d used the word years ago back when I was in the Army, among my circle of friends to make fun of someone who was full of shit. A lot of us played the game Bushido Blade, so I’d tell them I was going to “break out my Bullshido Blade and…” yeah, I’m a geek. Anyway, the term just seemed to perfectly describe what we were doing, even better than McDojo did, as it’s a more general term for Martial Arts BS.

And that’s how babies are made.
                  That is essentially the story of how Gamergate was born in reaction to the censorship of all discussion of the Quinnspiracy controversy. Only sweatier.

Flash forward and site has matured into part of the broader skepticism movement (as associated with big sites like JREF, freethoughtblogs, etc). The Social Justice movement has a notoriously hard time assimilating such movements. In fact, Gamergate is properly seen as an evolution of the initial battle to free athi-skepticism from an attempted hostile takeover. The story is compactly summarized here:

Last edited by Matt Phillips; 5/08/2017 2:29am, .

Comment

Ya'll have to excuse me, I have been drunk for a few days.
                    So to catch up... Matt is still alive so the riot is scheduled for next weekend*?

*seriously watch yourself out there, I have zero faith in any of the people out there to keep their cool. If shit kicks off DO NOT engage or hold lines. Just keep on the move and help others move. Bring extra water, some half&half for pepper spray (none of that watered down shit like milk, real dairy half&half in a big spray bottle. If you have deep pockets splurge for heavy whipping cream... I do not know how that will spray or mist tho ...), run triage and keep people moving and your head covered. Also I want video. I want video of people being fucking polite and nice while a freak show of fucked up beliefs and lifestyles are paraded side by side. All the different flavors of racists and the Muslims and the gays and the Christians even the weird ass Dutch to celebrate Free Speech. I also want a fucking pony and my back to stop making my leg feel like it is randomly on fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Phillips View Post
                      That is essentially the story of how Gamergate was born in reaction to the censorship of all discussion of the Quinnspiracy controversy. Only sweatier.

Flash forward and site has matured into part of the broader skepticism movement (as associated with big sites like JREF, freethoughtblogs, etc). The Social Justice movement has a notoriously hard time assimilating such movements. In fact, Gamergate is properly seen as an evolution of the initial battle to free athi-skepticism from an attempted hostile takeover. The story is compactly summarized here:
                      More bullshit backed up by bullshit Youtube videos that confirm your bullshit.

Comparing Bullshido.net and Gamergate is as absurd as when you compared Pewdiepie with right wing extremists. Dehumanizing human beings as a "-spiracy" and then propping those victims to promote your fringe beliefs (that Gamergate is "about" ethics in journalism, and not Internet crimes), and then having the audacity to say that Bullshido.net's mission was the same?

Let's put a human face on the conspiracy model Matt promotes and calls "Quinnspiracy", which lies at the heart of the hate propaganda campaign he's now trying to associate Bullshido with.

If this is the kind of abuse Bullshido.net is really about, then I think it's time ya'll hightailed it out of shitsville before you pay the price. I'll turn off the lights for you.

Comment

More bullshit backed up by bullshit Youtube videos that confirm your bullshit.
                        I know of no video detailing the controversy that led to the founding of BS.net; I used a quote from Phrost

Comparing Bullshido.net and Gamergate is as absurd as when you compared Pewdiepie with right wing extremists. Dehumanizing human beings as a "-spiracy" and then propping those victims to promote your fringe beliefs (that Gamergate is "about" ethics in journalism, and not Internet crimes), and then having the audacity to say that Bullshido.net's mission was the same?

Let's put a human face on the conspiracy model Matt promotes and calls "Quinnspiracy", which lies at the heart of the hate propaganda campaign he's now trying to associate Bullshido with.

]

Debbi Purcel and Olga have human faces too. The point is that people create controversy when they use their influence to censor, lock and delete conversations in which they are criticized. It's called the STREISAND EFFECT https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect

BS.net and Gamergate were streisand effect consequences of OlgaGate and Quinnspiracy respectively. Many, many people came to Bullshido and Gamergate SOLELY to protest the censorship being used to protect Zoe, Debbi and Olga. IIRC most had no interest in the original scandals (like Phrost for example). Whether ir not you think people deserve their criticism is completely distinct from a dislike of censorship and a desire for free and open inquiry and discussion.

There's a reason I involved myself with both movements, and that is that they exist to protest the same bad ethics and onerous burden of censorship deployed to protect people with connections in the right places. Obviously there are differences between the two, but the central issue (and backstory) is virtually identical.

If this is the kind of abuse Bullshido.net is really about, then I think it's time ya'll hightailed it out of shitsville before you pay the price. I'll turn off the lights for you.
                        Zoe was being harassed in exactly the manner she attributes to Gamergate before she and Eron ever met. Think about that.

I could even prove to you who is responsible for starting the dogpile on Zoe if you could be persuaded to listen. Are you interested in what actually happened, or are you having too much fun getting furious over the standard narrative?
                        Last edited by Matt Phillips; 5/08/2017 3:46pm, .

Comment

I know of no video detailing the controversy that led to the founding of BS.net;
                          BS.net was founded to expose actual fraud and actual conspiracies, not promote groupthink or actual mob actions, which is what you're doing.

Please stop using BS.net as a platform to promote the Internet's lunatic fringe.

It's called the STREISAND EFFECT https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Streisand_effect
                          This is not a real effect, in the same way Sargon didn't make a real law. This is just more fake Internet bullshit, the kind you apparently love to waddle in with your "defensive" goggles. Using fake laws and subjective "effects" is a really poor way to make a strong, logical argument.

BS.net and Gamergate were streisand effect consequences of OlgaGate and Quinnspiracy respectively.
                          No. You are bastardizing the history of Bullshido by equating it with Gamergate support. If anything, Bullshido would rip Gamergate supporters new assholes, if they chose to post here.

Many, many people came to Bullshido and Gamergate SOLELY to protest the censorship being used to protect Zoe, Debbi and Olga.
                          No. Censorship is your red herring, and had you listened to Zoe's video, you'd know why your version of what's wrong with gaming journalism and the real world impact are completely diffferent things.

Gamergate was not about censorship of anybody, unless you mean the mob's ability to burn people at the stake or hang them from gallows based on the whispers of a handful of idiots.

In that sense, yes, you've been contributing to the censorship (and its downstream chilling effects) of Zoe Quinn and others.

There's a reason I involved myself with both movements, and that is that they exist to protest the same bad ethics and onerous burden of censorship deployed to protect people with connections in the right places. Obviously there are differences between the two, but the central issue (and backstory) is virtually identical.
                          You're absolutely deluded about Gamergate if you think you're fighting some righteous war against censorship. You already admitted to being deluded (your bias, remember?)

Zoe was being harassed in exactly the manner she attributes to Gamergate before she and Eron ever met. Think about that.
                          Oh, you mean she's not alone? She said right in her interview it was her own private hell before it had a name, and people like you decided to involve yourself and inject your politics.

It's almost as if Internet hate crimes are occurring every day now, right? But you're the good guys...good thing we have righteous indignators like yourself to help us understand it all, with Youtube videos made by similar people. Nobody should read the REAL news about Gamergate...because censorship, right?

Donald Trump uses this trick daily via Trwitter, trying to get me not to read CNN and the New York Times. That doesn't work either.

I could even prove to you who is responsible for starting the dogpile on Zoe if you could be persuaded to listen. Are you interested in what actually happened, or are you having too much fun getting furious over the standard narrative?
                          I'm not furious. I'm holding back quite a lot. I know exactly what happened, Matt, and far more objectively than you are capable of, because I can rely on mainstream journalism and reporting and NOT on your Gamergate and NotYourShield conspiracy videos and other third-hand op-eds.

Listen, you're proudly part of a small but loud movement of gamers, I get that part. What you keep missing is the bigger picture (impossible for you to imagine the scale of because of your close proximity).
                          Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/08/2017 5:08pm, .

Comment

The point is that people create controversy when they use their influence to censor, lock and delete conversations in which they are criticized.
                            I needed to extract this particular bit because it's the most damning: blaming victims. So your contention is Zoe Quinn brought all of Gamergate on herself, then? All the fallout is her fault? The legions of people harmed and still being harmed by online individuals using your hashtags is her fault?

Keep in mind you're already acting complicit, because you've accused her of lying to the court in this very thread. Did she lie to Congress, too? Just how extreme with your defamatory accusations are you willing to go?

Are you even cognizant of how far you've fallen from the path of the righteous, that you're chasing windmills in the streets hoping to get jumped on by new ghosts like "Antifa" and countless other no-name, masked whoosits, like a never ending game of Whack-A-Mole?

If you really want to tackle online and real-world extremism, you're so far off the mark it's making me cry inside. Wrapping yourself in the Bill of Rights and crying "censorship" and going out to find Antifas won't save you from the karmic results of your actions.

What if you were Zoe Quinn? Ever wondered what it's like to be totally gobsmeared by the Internet, and then being targeted by astroturfing campaigns designed by hatemongers intended to drown out your personal sorrow and replace it with vague political agendas related to gaming mag bullshit, and other windmills?

Or, are you like some people: it's all a big game to you, and you shared naked pictures of her, and are still trying to ruin her name and diminish support for her, because you view the poor woman as some sort of Orwellian censorship goon?
                            Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/08/2017 5:03pm, .

Comment

The only guide to Gamergate you will ever need to read
                              https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...-need-to-read/
                              by Anita Sarkeesian, the feminist writer and media critic who has been attacked in “Gamergate.”

Zoe Quinn on her Gamergate harassers: "I love games more than they hate me".

Matt is, by his own admission, inclusive in the set of they, having suggested right here on BS that Zoe Quinn is a perjurer, a censor, and worst of all, a self-inflicted controversy queen.

Keep in mind, we're still on just Testimonial #4 (Ashley, Zoe, Anita Sarkeesian, Brianna Wu). I've already got a cue ball lined up behind #5.

(Note how I'm taking my time and going through the details of each case, and not relying on my personal feelings, third hand Youtuber opinions, or long montages of people holding up signs and hashtags, as if that's all some sort of data).
                              Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/08/2017 5:24pm, .

Comment

Video Gamers Are Having A Bizarre Debate Over Whether Sending Death Threats To Women Is A Serious Issue
                                http://www.businessinsider.com/gamer...hreats-2014-10

Brianna Wu, Testimonial #4

Indie developer mocks GamerGate, chased from home with rape and death threats
                                https://www.dailydot.com/parsec/bria...rgate-threats/

Last edited by Pship Destroyer; 5/08/2017 5:25pm, .

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X