Fighting in a crowd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hungryjoe View Post
    There's a reason I quit flying out of SF for infernational flights. The referendum against military recruiters in the schools was but the start.
    I went to those schools. That action had widespread student support.

Comment

I think both sides are obviously not moving discourse forward by behaving like this but fuck the alt-right and their misogynistic, Pro-pedophilia,look I can't be a bigot I am a white queer catholic, poster boy.
      At some point words definitely have repercussions.
      So I understand the protesters rage.
      But..... this is basically how this ends up 90% of the time and the message gets lost.

[
      Originally posted by Matt Phillips View Post
      Nice try deflecting. From her account her terror was the result of her blindness and fear her husband had been killed.
      If it was terror she felt it's because she's a coward, or had second thoughts about her actions in my opinion. She was there as a counter force to the other protesters. When she met resistance she felt terror? Did she feel terror when she rushed the people to start with? They used peper spray and light ass dowels to smack people. Hooligans? Absolutely. Terrorist? C'mmon Son.
      If you are filled with terror over dowels and pepper spray than your a dumbass.
      A terror attack would have been if they bombed or shot up the audience when that little mouthy coward took the podium. I feel like there is a distinct difference.

You think I care about name-calling? I care about labeling only so far as it is being used you justify and enable indiscriminate political violence. If you catch me calling for people jump them because Muh Terrorists, then you can put me in their category.
      By labeling people as such it puts them in a box and defines them by the label. If the label is inaccurate it moves discourse even further behind than ever.
      Last edited by Raycetpfl; 4/22/2017 9:16am, .

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
        I think both sides are obviously not moving discourse forward
        Agreed.
        ... but fuck the alt-right and their misogynistic, Pro-pedophilia,look I can't be a bigot I am a white queer catholic, poster boy.
        At some point words definitely have repercussions.
        Milo's affiliation is Gamergate, not alt-right.

So I understand the protesters rage.
        Rage all you want, just keep your hands to yourself.

If it was terror she felt it's because she's a coward, or had second thoughts about her actions in my opinion.
        I'd say it was more that she was chemically blinded and her partner stopped responding.

She was there as a counter force to the other protesters.
        She said she was there to attend Milo's event. She has no sign, slogan, megaphone or anything else that would indicate she was there to counter protest. By her account she and her friends were trapped against a barricade hoping antifa would just walk past.

When she met resistance she felt terror?
        Oh, I see... she was asking for it.

Did she feel terror when she rushed the people to start with?
        By her account, not until she was blinded.

They used peper spray and light ass dowels to smack people... (i)f you are filled with terror over dowels and pepper spray than your a dumbass.
        I'll let your audience decide if you're a real sociopath, or just biased.

A terror attack would have been if they bombed or shot up the audience when that little mouthy coward took the podium.
        Go on, say 'mouthy little Jew Nazi'. You know you want to.

I feel like there is a distinct difference.
        Did I say this was a "terror attack"? I said they are literally committing terrorism as defined, which is to say
        "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

By labeling people as such it puts them in a box and defines them by the label. If the label is inaccurate it moves discourse even further behind than ever.
        You literally just called Milo "alt-right", likely for this very purpose.
        Last edited by Matt Phillips; 4/22/2017 10:20am, .
        Now darkness comes; you don't know if the whales are coming. - Royce Gracie

KosherKickboxer has t3h r34l chi sao

In De Janerio, in blackest night,
        Luta Livre flees the fight,
        Behold Maeda's sacred tights;
        Beware my power... Blue Lantern's light!

Comment

Originally posted by Tramirezmma View Post
          I went to those schools. That action had widespread student support.
          IIRC the referendum passed by around 60%. This despite the Naval presence and benefit the same has been to the region.

Universities have no problem with allowing credit card companies pitching student debt. But, no military. Different set of values. To each his/her own.

Comment

Well, he is a martial artist so his point of view about what violence and scary environments are probably differs from a chubby attentionwhoring blonde's

Comment

Agreed.

Milo's affiliation is Gamergate, not alt-right.

Rage all you want, just keep your hands to yourself.

I'd say it was more that she was chemically blinded and her partner stopped responding.

She said she was there to attend Milo's event. She has no sign, slogan, megaphone or anything else that would indicate she was there to counter protest. By her account she and her friends were trapped against a barricade hoping antifa would just walk past.

Oh, I see... she was asking for it.

By her account, not until she was blinded.

Go on, say 'mouthy little Jew Nazi'. You know you want to.

Did I say this was a "terror attack"? I said they are literally committing terrorism as defined, which is to say
              "the unlawful use of violence and intimidation, especially against civilians, in the pursuit of political aims."

You literally just called Milo "alt-right", likely for this very purpose.
              These are out of order but I am curious of your thoughts.
              1. Milo is catholic I thought and I love jews. Jews made pastrami and continue to make it best. That carries tons of weight with me. I truly don't give a fuck about religion or ethnic background.

2. How the hell is Milo not alt-right? You could call me a Democrat. I vote for them and I am registered as such. Milo preaches for their ideals. He doesn't wanna be called alt-right? I can just call him a dumb fuck. I thought alt-right is what they branded as.

3. If every time someone is scared by someone it's an act of terrorism than that's the only type of crime able to occur at a political or social event.That really cheapens the word imho.

Comment

Originally posted by DCS View Post
                Well, he is a martial artist so his point of view about what violence and scary environments are probably differs from a chubby attentionwhoring blonde's
                Note to self: Some other people's fear and pain is unimportant.

Of course all this talk about how it was her fault she felt fear is irrelevant, because it is not necessary to cause terror to be guilty of trying to cause it for political purposes. You really don't have a leg to stand on, or a point other than that you think she deserved it. If you think I'm wrong about that, I'm all ears.

Comment

Originally posted by Raycetpfl View Post
                  These are out of order but I am curious of your thoughts.
                  1. Milo is catholic I thought and I love jews. Jews made pastrami and continue to make it best. That carries tons of weight with me. I truly don't give a fuck about religion or ethnic background.
                  Milo is a Jew who was raised in his father's religion rather than his mother's.

2. How the hell is Milo not alt-right?
                  Because he's not. The alt-right is anti-semitic and despises Milo. Milo is a pro-trump Gamergate eceleb. The alt-right would call him part of the "alt-light", which is to say part of some different new faction on the Right. People like Crowder, Ben Shapiro, Christina Hoff Sommers and Gavin McGinnes would also get called "alt-light" by the alt-right. The "alt-light" is not anti-semitic and is full of Jews, Based Stickman included.

I thought alt-right is what they branded as.
                  Branded is the operative word. How better to get anti-Nazi militants to attack a Jew than to pretend he has anti-semitic affiliations?

3. If every time someone is scared by someone it's an act of terrorism than that's the only type of crime able to occur at a political or social event.That really cheapens the word imho.[/QUOTE]

Terrorism is literally using violence and/or intimidation for political purposes, so if someone wants to make that point, I'll back them up. Because they are right.

Comment

Pretty much how most regimes, dictatorships and even America were founded. Nope, this is nothing new.

Comment

Terrorism is literally using violence and/or intimidation for political purposes, so if someone wants to make that point, I'll back them up. Because they are right.
                      While I agree in principle,I feel like this was much more a protest that got out of hand.

the claim of terrorism here reminds me of the time that Dale doback was accused of rape.

Comment

She has been raised in a first world bourgeoise bubble, what she calls fear and pain is, for lots of people, a mere annoyance.

Of course all this talk about how it was her fault she felt fear is irrelevant, because it is not necessary to cause terror to be guilty of trying to cause it for political purposes. You really don't have a leg to stand on, or a point other than that you think she deserved it. If you think I'm wrong about that, I'm all ears.
                        I'm not saying she was asking for it, I'm saying "welcome to the real world, man the fuck up"

Re. terrorism, considering that woman a victim of terrorism or political violence is, IMO, disrespectful towards the people killed and maimed for real by actual terrorists like Mc Veigh, Breivik, Bin Laden, IRA, RAF, ETA, Hezbollah et al.
                        Last edited by DCS; 4/22/2017 11:42am, .

Comment

She has been raised in a first world bourgeoise bubble, what she calls fear and pain is, for lots of people, a mere annoyance.

I'm not saying she was asking for it, I'm saying "welcome to the real world, man the fuck up"

Re. terrorism, considering that woman a victim of terrorism or political violence is, IMO, disrespectful towards the people killed and maimed for real by actual terrorists like Mc Veigh, Breivik, Bin Laden, IRA, RAF, ETA, Hezbollah et al.

So impatient...

Comment

Originally posted by ChenPengFi View Post
                            So impatient...
                            Not getting your point.

Comment

Not getting your point.

Have faith, give them time.

Comment

If you fight in a crowd you instantly die

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                                X