No announcement yet.

Open Mat ($10.00) Coconut Creek FL, this Friday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll be there, prolly with my wife. If I beat you do I have to fight your master?

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey
      I'll be there, prolly with my wife. If I beat you do I have to fight your master?
      There are at least three fights before the boss level.

-Marco

Comment

Sorry to resurrect this old thread, but this open mat thingy is still going on, and I'm going to be there tomorrow and it would be cool if some folks showed up.

I plan to beat the crap out of Marco, and steal all of his chi. You wouldn't want to miss that.

Comment

You better bring your A-Game: I got my Chi in a locked safe.

I did some web-searches on the school and found this!

"Pros: EASY TO FIND
          Cons: WORST MARTIAL ARTS I HAVE EVER SEEN, EVER."

I got to think that this being Bullshido that should at least get *someone's* attention.

-Marco ('worst post EVAR')

Comment

I'll bump this again in the hopes that someone in the South Florida area will see it and drop by. It's a good friendly atmosphere and I'm pretty sure there'll be something there for almost all skill levels and training types (we probably won't do full contact sparring but--maybe--and I'd be willing to go heavy contact). We'll certainly do gi/no-gi grappling, stand up fighting drills, and stuff like that.

-Marco

Comment

A KUNG FU GUY SHOWED UP!!!

I think he did Tai Chi, but I'm not sure. He was reasonably cool, but didn't really seem to want to mix it up with us. He did let us do some compliant locks on him.

The funny part was after class. He goes, "We don't do any contact where I train. You guys seem to do contact right from the beginning."

The instructor replied, "Well, I want to know that my stuff works."

Sadly, I didn't think of getting his email and mailing him the Thornton videos. Maybe if he comes again.

Oh, and I landed the coolest leg sweep/kick EVAR on Marco. His chi was weak.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey View Post

Oh, and I landed the coolest leg sweep/kick EVAR on Marco. His chi was weak.
                It's sadly true. I'd claim it didn't happen--but there was video.

-Marco

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                X