• Show
Clear All

Open Mat ($10.00) Coconut Creek FL, this Friday

Hi folks,

The school I train at (South Florida, Ft. Lauderdale area):

Barett Hapkido
    1799 N. State Road 7
    Bell Plaza Margate, Florida

Is offering open mats for a $10.00 fee Friday nights (starting 10/24, this Friday) for anyone who wants to come. There will be:

* Open randori
    * Ground fighting
    * Sparring (probably on the lighter side)

Start: 7:30 PM
    End: 9:00 PM

It would be very cool to get some of the people on this board there.

You can wear anything you want (sweat pants, a gi, etc.). We require a mouth-piece and suggest a cup (duh).

This should be friendly cross-training. We are looking forward to working with other martial arts and everyone is welcome.

-Marco
    Last edited by MarcoChacon; 10/22/2008 12:30pm, .

I used to train there, and I wrote up a brief review of them here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...94&postcount=9

If I get over this cold I currently have, I'll be sure to make it there.

(BTW, this may or may not belong in the throwdowns forum. The mods might move it if they decide it does.)

Comment

Hmm... maybe I can make it. But $10.00, really? I'm willing to come up there and train with ya'll, but ATT is right down the road...

Sounds like fun, I'd love to meet you. I just can't see driving all the way up there and slapping down an additional ten bucks for a hapkido joint.

Wave the fee and I'll swing through.

Jeff- where do you train currently?
      Last edited by BudoMonkey; 10/22/2008 12:11pm, .
      "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

Originally posted by Squerlli
      And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

I might swing down there and check it out sometime, just for a chance to roll with some new people. What time does this start/end?

Comment

Oh--sorry, I didn't say:
          Start 7:30 PM, End 9:00 PM.

-Marco

Comment

Budo,

At ATT Coconut Creek currently.

I'll go (unless I still feel sick). It will be fun to see some of the folks I haven't seen in a while ... and crush them of course. I think ATT also charges mat fees if you just walk in, so $10 doesn't seem like a big deal. They have to pay the rent like everyone else.

Comment

Do they? I'm a stuck-up biyatch, don't mind me.

I train at ATT Pines, we should meet up and train sometime.

Lemme see what my schedule is, maybe I'll swing through up there with you.
              "This is why we are here. Because the Martial Arts for too long have been cloaked in an unnecessary level of secrecy bordering on mysticism, and its in these shadows that the cockroaches love to hide. -Phrost"

And of course, our resident hard man, underground fighter, kitten rescuer, loving father (I'm serious), and over all very sexy furry motherfucker... Budo monkeh.

Comment

Cool, but right now I'd say there is only a 50/50 chance I'll make it this week.

Comment

Oh, and I know for a fact that this Marco guy thinks that BJJ sucks and hopes we show up so he can crush us.

(Parts of this post may be false.)

Comment

Originally posted by Jeffrey
                    I used to train there, and I wrote up a brief review of them here:

http://www.bullshido.net/forums/show...94&postcount=9

If I get over this cold I currently have, I'll be sure to make it there.

(BTW, this may or may not belong in the throwdowns forum. The mods might move it if they decide it does.)
                    Hahaha, I was about to say "this is where Jeffrey used to train"... and speak of the devil. Get well soon brother.
                    Read this for flexibility and injury prevention, this, this and this for supplementation, this on grip conditioning, and this on staph. New: On strenght standards, relationships and structural balance. Shoulder problems? Read this.

My crapuous vlog and my blog of training, stuff and crap. NEW: Me, Mrs. Macho and our newborn baby.

New To Weight Training? Get the StrongLifts 5x5 program and Rippetoe's "Starting Strength, 2nd Ed". Wanna build muscle/gain weight? Check this article. My review on Tactical Nutrition here.

t-nation - Dissecting the deadlift. Anatomy and Muscle Balancing Videos.

The street argument is retarded. BJJ is so much overkill for the street that its ridiculous. Unless you're the idiot that picks a fight with the high school wrestling team, barring knife or gun play, the opponent shouldn't make it past double leg + ground and pound - Osiris

Comment

Oh, and I know for a fact that this Marco guy thinks that BJJ sucks and hopes we show up so he can crush us.

(Parts of this post may be false.)
                      :-O

All but the last line!

-Marco (then again, maybe I plan to dazzle everyone with my Chi Fireball throwing ...)

Comment

Any takers? I know Jeff is sick but it would definitely be cool to see some people from here show up tonight.

-Marco

Comment

I'm still pretty sick. My wife may show up though. I guess next week is Halloween, but I will try to make it the following week. Maybe we can get some bullies to show up then.

Comment

Marco,

Will this be going on this Friday? If so I'll try to make it.

Comment

Marco
                              Polo.

I'm working this friday. :(

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X