i was hard at work, and ended up on bullshido

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What are some techniques/things you do to help you stay motivated to train hard at the gym or dojo, to work, or just to get up in the morning?

Things that motivate me are good instructors and good students to train with.

Comment

A few shots of vodka

Comment

please keep your fetish to yourself, pervert. ugh.

Comment

Get back to work, time thief.

Comment

Hate. Pure hate.

Comment

Food. Delicious food.

I love to work up an appetite by tossing people over my head and getting armbarred.

Oh, and as for what keeps me working hard in class--the threat of shame due to failure or not keeping up. Should definitely not be discounted even in our modern times.

Comment

Somtimes thinking about the reasons why I am training helps. People training together can motivate each other. In terms of focus at work and getting up in the morning, I find knowing exactly what I want to do and having a very specific idea for how and when to carry it out helps a lot. Was there a particular reason why you were asking?

Comment

What are some techniques/things you do to help you stay motivated to train hard at the gym or dojo, to work, or just to get up in the morning?
                  The notion that I may someday be strong enough to crush a man's skull with one hand.

Comment

The sheer, bloody minded bastardry which comes from being a Scots/Irish hybrid. Plus, it's just so fun to beat the ever loving fuck out of people who are beating the ever loving fuck out of me right back, though the latter happens in much greater quantities than the former. Still, even being a human heavy weight bag is damn fun.

Why do I fight? BECAUSE FIGHTING IS AWESOME! OSU!

Plus, chicks dig martial artists, though not fat ones. TAKE THAT, STEVEN SEGAL!

Comment

Originally posted by ironcastknight
                      The sheer, bloody minded bastardry which comes from being a Scots/Irish hybrid. Plus, it's just so fun to beat the ever loving fuck out of people who are beating the ever loving fuck out of me right back, though the latter happens in much greater quantities than the former. Still, even being a human heavy weight bag is damn fun.

Why do I fight? BECAUSE FIGHTING IS AWESOME! OSU!

Plus, chicks dig martial artists, though not fat ones. TAKE THAT, STEVEN SEGAL!
                      Hehehe... osu!

Comment

I just want to know i can beat people up.

Comment

What motivates me is realizing that the alternative to training is spending time at home with my wife.

Comment

Originally posted by 1point2
                            Oh, and as for what keeps me working hard in class--the threat of shame due to failure or not keeping up.
                            Hehe I do the same. As a 36 year old judo beginner I always try to look unbothered even after prolonged rounds of randori. (Although I cheat a bit -- I have years of ukemi practise, which really helps.)

Yeah, I know, 36 years is not really old, but getting back in shape after breaks is more hard work now than five or ten years ago.

Comment

I train just because it's fun. I love my Judo class, I love rolling, I love fighting, I love the confidence and easy self-assurance you get from knowing that if you were ever in a fight, you'd know exactly what to do (and have done it all a thousand times). That's why i want to improve and be successful in martial arts (BJJ/Judo).

Wanting to improve and be successful in Randori makes me want to be physically fit, too, so basically martial arts is the table leg holding up my body from turning into a fat sack of nerd (alternatively, a stick-thin spaghetti man).

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X