Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WT is way better for the street Gracie self defense tecniques I've seen are nonsense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WT is way better for the street Gracie self defense tecniques I've seen are nonsense

. I like WT and I think it's effective for self defense and street fighting. I have sparred with some grappling guys who are not experts and they can easily take me down and put me on a chokehold or lock. I don't worship WT and I think Royce could have beaten Emin . I think Bjj is a way more effective for no holds barred sports fights . I don't know how street fights are there in the States but here people get killed very often in them, usually stabbbed or beaten to death by people that just get involved in the fights( friends or family of one of the fighters). I do know that fights often end up in the ground but staying on it to fight is not a chance here .You will only get killed, WT in my opinion, is better for self defense because It gives you the oportinity to run away (yeah you read that right...). Whatever people say, Sports are sports and street fighting is street fighting( I'm not saying challenge matches, I mean street fighting to save your life, not to prove how tough you are)However agree that I'd love to see some WT guys showing what they can do in a MMA fight, is not that they are so limited in their arsenal that they can't make the system work. And I do believe they have to prove it in the mixed martial arts arena although they will need grappling to have a fair chance
    Last edited by swordmasterfire; 10/02/2008 11:19am, .

Hello.

Welcome to MABS (Martial Arts BS, Fraud, Investigations, and Standards).

I have moved your post to newbietown because, you tried to resurrect a thread with your opinion. The opinion you added includes _ing _un lineage, Street debates, anecdotal stories, and silly statements like:
    I don't know how street fights are there in the States but here people get killed very often in them. usually stabbbed up to 35 times or beaten to death by people that just get involved in the fights( friends or family of one of the fighters).

Please read the stickies. I'm giving you a chance but, I have a sneaky feeling this will end up in YMAS.

Also, you added nothing to a basically three year old thread.
    Challenging Emin Boztepe - No BS Martial Arts
    Last edited by It is Fake; 10/01/2008 7:48pm, .

Comment

So it's the MMA fighters' fault for not using WT? Not the WT fighters faults' for not competing? That is so fucking retarded I want to shit my pants.

Comment

We all know since _ing _un doesn't work in the ring, where people hit hard, it will work better on Teh Str33t, where people hit hard.

Oh man, this is going to be a great thread.

Comment

See, I missed that part in the jumbled mess. Welcome to YMAS.

Comment

Originally posted by swordmasterfire
            I just think this is really stupid. I like WT and I think it's effective for self defense and street fighting. I have sparred with some grappling guys who are nor experts and they can easily take me down and put me on a chokehold or lock. I don't worship WT and I think Royce could have beaten Emin but I don't care. I think Bjj is a way more effective for no holds barred sports fights , but I live in a very dangerous country in South America. I don't know how street fights are there in the States but here people get killed very often in them. usually stabbbed up to 35 times or beaten to death by people that just get involved in the fights( friends or family of one of the fighters). I do know that fights often end up in the ground but staying on it to fight is not a chance here .You will only get killed, WT is way better for the street specially Ebmas in my opinion. Besides the Gracie self defense tecniques I've seen are nonsense., I challenge you to try them in my country. Whatever people say, Sports are sports and street fighting is street fighting.( I'm not saying challenge matches, I mean street fighting to save your life, not to prove how tough you are)However agree that I'd love to see some WT guys showing what they can do ina MMA fight, is not that they are so limited in their arsenal that they can't make the system work.
            Just in case you go the delete route. This post has every cliche I have heard concerning Sport vs Street.

Comment

Originally posted by It is Fake
              Just in case you go the delete route. This post has every cliche I have heard concerning Sport vs Street.
              I hope he doesn't delete it, it's more fun when you catch these threads early.

Comment

I think what he says has some merit I mean with one on one in the ring I can't bring three of my jiu jitsu buddies to beat his ass even more and also simultaneously armbar, kimura, and knee bar him.

Comment

First off, you're a fucking troll.

Second off, it's hilarious that you are from South America and are saying BJJ doesn't work in the streets, even though it was developed by street fighting Brazilians.

The irony is deliciou.s

Comment

Mr. Swordmasterfire, your level of awesomeness is difficult at best to recreate in a laboratory setting.

Comment

Originally posted by swordmasterfire
                      I just think this is really stupid. I like WT and I think it's effective for self defense and street fighting. I have sparred with some grappling guys who are nor experts and they can easily take me down and put me on a chokehold or lock. I don't worship WT and I think Royce could have beaten Emin but I don't care. I think Bjj is a way more effective for no holds barred sports fights , but I live in a very dangerous country in South America. I don't know how street fights are there in the States but here people get killed very often in them. usually stabbbed up to 35 times or beaten to death by people that just get involved in the fights( friends or family of one of the fighters). I do know that fights often end up in the ground but staying on it to fight is not a chance here .You will only get killed, WT is way better for the street specially Ebmas in my opinion. Besides the Gracie self defense tecniques I've seen are nonsense., I challenge you to try them in my country. Whatever people say, Sports are sports and street fighting is street fighting.( I'm not saying challenge matches, I mean street fighting to save your life, not to prove how tough you are)However agree that I'd love to see some WT guys showing what they can do ina MMA fight, is not that they are so limited in their arsenal that they can't make the system work.
                      I doubt your STREETS are any more deadly than the streets of Brazil,Russia or America and the chun does NOT cut it here. Please by all means prove us all wrong. Oh yeah! dont forget to post video.
                      :homo:

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle Th3 D3adly
                        I think what he says has some merit I mean with one on one in the ring I can't bring three of my jiu jitsu buddies to beat his ass even more and also simultaneously armbar, kimura, and knee bar him.
                        It has next to no merit, and that's being generous. If you're fighting four people, whether or not you're doing The-Style-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named or BJJ, you're not in for a good time.

Comment

If WT truly is better in this street nut jobs keep talking about, how come I don't see thugs chain punching or see people whip out trapping techniques during bar brawls?

And will someone please direct me to this "street?" I've spent hours driving around Chicago looking for this "teh street" where chunners are lining the gutters with dead bodies. Sadly, all I've found are crack whores.

Does that mean wing chun's secret is crack?

Comment

Originally posted by Kistrael
                            It has next to no merit, and that's being generous. If you're fighting four people, whether or not you're doing The-Style-That-Shall-Not-Be-Named or BJJ, you're not in for a good time.
                            Please reread what I said, and you will see that I was being facetious and infact implying that facing multiple opponents especially "sport-fighters" would only facilitate his destruction.

Comment

Anyone responding to fadfad read this thread.
                              I failed Economics101 - No BS Martial Arts

Seriously, don't waste your time.

Comment

Collapse

Edit this module to specify a template to display.

Working...
                              X